Key features and details
- Aminoglycoside antibiotic agent
- CAS Number: 108321-42-2
- Soluble in water to 100 mM
- Form / State: Solid
- Source: Micromonospora rhodorangea
Product nameG 418 sulfate (Geneticin sulfate), Aminoglycoside antibiotic agent
DescriptionAminoglycoside antibiotic agent
Aminoglycoside antibiotic agent. Potent Delta7-SMN target sequence inducer. Inhibits amino acid incorporation into proteins. Shows cytotoxic effects. Inhibits the prokaryotic and eukaryotic elongation cycle. Shows antibacterial and antiprotozoal effects in vivo.
Chemical nameO-2-Amino-2,7-dideoxy-D-glycero-α-D-glucoheptopyranosyl-(1→4)-O-[3-deoxy-4-C-methyl-3-(methylamino)-β-L-arabinopyranosyl-(1→6)]-2-deoxy-D-streptamine sulfate
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Store under desiccating conditions. The product can be stored for up to 12 months.
Solubility overviewSoluble in water to 100 mM
Wherever possible, you should prepare and use solutions on the same day. However, if you need to make up stock solutions in advance, we recommend that you store the solution as aliquots in tightly sealed vials at -20°C. Generally, these will be useable for up to one month. Before use, and prior to opening the vial we recommend that you allow your product to equilibrate to room temperature for at least 1 hour.
Refer to SDS for further information.
Need more advice on solubility, usage and handling? Please visit our frequently asked questions (FAQ) page for more details.
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab144261 has been referenced in 2 publications.
- Gowthaman U et al. The Hda1 histone deacetylase limits divergent non-coding transcription and restricts transcription initiation frequency. EMBO J 40:e108903 (2021). PubMed: 34661296
- Ao R et al. Silencing of COL1A2, COL6A3, and THBS2 inhibits gastric cancer cell proliferation, migration, and invasion while promoting apoptosis through the PI3k-Akt signaling pathway. J Cell Biochem 119:4420-4434 (2018). PubMed: 29143985