GABA, Inhibitory neurotransmitter (ab120359)
Key features and details
- Inhibitory neurotransmitter
- CAS Number: 56-12-2
- Soluble in water to 100 mM
- Form / State: Solid
- Source: Synthetic
Product nameGABA, Inhibitory neurotransmitter
Endogenous inhibitory neurotransmitter.
Also available in simple stock solutions (ab146710) - add 1 ml of water to get an exact, ready-to-use concentration.
Chemical name4-Aminobutanoic acid
Storage instructionsStore at Room Temperature. The product can be stored for up to 12 months.
Solubility overviewSoluble in water to 100 mM
Wherever possible, you should prepare and use solutions on the same day. However, if you need to make up stock solutions in advance, we recommend that you store the solution as aliquots in tightly sealed vials at -20°C. Generally, these will be useable for up to one month. Before use, and prior to opening the vial we recommend that you allow your product to equilibrate to room temperature for at least 1 hour.
Need more advice on solubility, usage and handling? Please visit our frequently asked questions (FAQ) page for more details.
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab120359 has been referenced in 3 publications.
- Di Angelantonio S et al. A role for intracellular zinc in glioma alteration of neuronal chloride equilibrium. Cell Death Dis 5:e1501 (2014). PubMed: 25356870
- Pavlov I et al. Outwardly rectifying tonically active GABAA receptors in pyramidal cells modulate neuronal offset, not gain. J Neurosci 29:15341-50 (2009). PubMed: 19955387
- Trigo FF et al. Enhancement of GABA release through endogenous activation of axonal GABA(A) receptors in juvenile cerebellum. J Neurosci 27:12452-63 (2007). PubMed: 18003823