Key features and details
- Ionotropic glutamate antagonist. Low affinity AMPA antagonist.
- CAS Number: 6729-55-1
- Purity: > 98%
- Soluble in water to 100 mM
- Form / State: Solid
- Source: Synthetic
Product namegamma-DGG (gamma-D-Glutamylglycine), Ionotropic glutamate antagonist
DescriptionIonotropic glutamate antagonist. Low affinity AMPA antagonist.
Ionotropic glutamate receptor antagonist that has been used as a rapidly dissociating, low affinity competitive antagonist at AMPA receptors.
Also available in simple stock solutions (ab146702) - add 1 ml of water to get an exact, ready-to-use concentration.
Chemical name(R)-4-(Carboxymethylcarbamoyl)-2-aminobutanoic acid
Storage instructionsStore at +4°C. Store under desiccating conditions. The product can be stored for up to 12 months.
Solubility overviewSoluble in water to 100 mM
Wherever possible, you should prepare and use solutions on the same day. However, if you need to make up stock solutions in advance, we recommend that you store the solution as aliquots in tightly sealed vials at -20°C. Generally, these will be useable for up to one month. Before use, and prior to opening the vial we recommend that you allow your product to equilibrate to room temperature for at least 1 hour.
Need more advice on solubility, usage and handling? Please visit our frequently asked questions (FAQ) page for more details.
- Receptors & Transporters
- Broad spectrum / non-selective
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab120307 has been referenced in 2 publications.
- Biane C et al. Developmental emergence of two-stage nonlinear synaptic integration in cerebellar interneurons. Elife 10:N/A (2021). PubMed: 34730085
- Bornschein G et al. Neocortical High Probability Release Sites Are Formed by Distinct Ca2+ Channel-to-Release Sensor Topographies during Development. Cell Rep 28:1410-1418.e4 (2019). PubMed: 31390556