GW1929, PPARgamma agonist (ab142213)
Key features and details
- Potent, selective PPARγ agonist
- CAS Number: 196808-24-9
- Purity: > 98%
- Soluble in water to 100 mM and in ethanol to 100 mM
- Form / State: Solid
- Source: Synthetic
Product nameGW1929, PPARgamma agonist
DescriptionPotent, selective PPARγ agonist
This product is manufactured by BioVision, an Abcam company and was previously called 2057 GW1929. 2057-25 is the same size as the 25 mg size of ab142213.
Chemical name(2S)-2-(2-Benzoylanilino)-3-[4-[2-[methyl(pyridin-2-yl)amino]ethoxy]phenyl]propanoic acid
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Store under desiccating conditions. The product can be stored for up to 12 months.
Solubility overviewSoluble in water to 100 mM and in ethanol to 100 mM
Wherever possible, you should prepare and use solutions on the same day. However, if you need to make up stock solutions in advance, we recommend that you store the solution as aliquots in tightly sealed vials at -20°C. Generally, these will be useable for up to one month. Before use, and prior to opening the vial we recommend that you allow your product to equilibrate to room temperature for at least 1 hour.
Need more advice on solubility, usage and handling? Please visit our frequently asked questions (FAQ) page for more details.
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Lipid and lipoprotein metabolism
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
Datasheets and documents
ab142213 has been referenced in 2 publications.
- Shoaito H et al. The Role of Peroxisome Proliferator–Activated Receptor Gamma (PPAR?) in Mono(2-ethylhexyl) Phthalate (MEHP)-Mediated Cytotrophoblast Differentiation. Environ Health Perspect 127:27003 (2019). PubMed: 30810372
- Degrelle SA et al. New Transcriptional Reporters to Quantify and Monitor PPAR?Activity. PPAR Res 2017:6139107 (2017). PubMed: 29225614