Imipramine hydrochloride, Tricyclic antidepressant (ab141046)
Key features and details
- Tricyclic antidepressant
- CAS Number: 113-52-0
- Purity: > 98%
- Soluble in water to 100 mM
- Form / State: Solid
- Source: Synthetic
Product nameImipramine hydrochloride, Tricyclic antidepressant
Tricyclic antidepressant with various pharmacological activities. Inhibits reuptake inhibitors (Ki values are 19, 98 and >1000 nM for SERT, NET and DAT, respectively). Muscarinic receptor inhibitor (IC50 = 0.13 μM for M2). Serotonin receptor inhibitor (Ki values are 94 and 160 nM for 5-HT2A and 5-HT2C, respectively). Crosses the blood-brain barrier.
Chemical name10,11-Dihydro-N,N-dimethyl-5H-dibenz[b,f]azepine-5-propanamine hydrochloride
Storage instructionsStore at +4°C. Store under desiccating conditions. The product can be stored for up to 12 months.
Solubility overviewSoluble in water to 100 mM
Wherever possible, you should prepare and use solutions on the same day. However, if you need to make up stock solutions in advance, we recommend that you store the solution as aliquots in tightly sealed vials at -20°C. Generally, these will be useable for up to one month. Before use, and prior to opening the vial we recommend that you allow your product to equilibrate to room temperature for at least 1 hour.
Refer to SDS for further information.
Need more advice on solubility, usage and handling? Please visit our frequently asked questions (FAQ) page for more details.
- Signal Transduction
- Signaling Pathway
- Nuclear Signaling
- Nuclear Hormone Receptors
- Retinoic & Retinoid
- Epigenetics and Nuclear Signaling
- Nuclear Signaling Pathways
- Nuclear Receptors
- Orphan Nuclear Receptors
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Lipid and lipoprotein metabolism
- Lipid metabolism
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab141046 has been referenced in 2 publications.
- Nollet M Models of Depression: Unpredictable Chronic Mild Stress in Mice. Curr Protoc 1:e208 (2021). PubMed: 34406704
- Yue X et al. TMC Proteins Modulate Egg Laying and Membrane Excitability through a Background Leak Conductance in C. elegans. Neuron 97:571-585.e5 (2018). PubMed: 29395910