Jasplakinolide, Actin polymerization and stabilization inducer (ab141409)
Key features and details
- Actin polymerization and stabilization inducer. Cell-permeable.
- CAS Number: 102396-24-7
- Purity: > 95%
- Soluble in DMSO
- Form / State: Solid
- Source: Jaspis splendens
Product nameJasplakinolide, Actin polymerization and stabilization inducer
DescriptionActin polymerization and stabilization inducer. Cell-permeable.
Cell-permeable actin polymerization and stabilization inducer. Potent antiproliferative activity (IC50 = 15 nM). Antitumor and antifungal agent. Active in vitro.
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Store under desiccating conditions. The product can be stored for up to 12 months.
Solubility overviewSoluble in DMSO
Wherever possible, you should prepare and use solutions on the same day. However, if you need to make up stock solutions in advance, we recommend that you store the solution as aliquots in tightly sealed vials at -20°C. Generally, these will be useable for up to one month. Before use, and prior to opening the vial we recommend that you allow your product to equilibrate to room temperature for at least 1 hour.
Refer to SDS for further information.
Need more advice on solubility, usage and handling? Please visit our frequently asked questions (FAQ) page for more details.
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab141409 has been referenced in 10 publications.
- Kepser LJ et al. Cyclase-associated protein 2 (CAP2) controls MRTF-A localization and SRF activity in mouse embryonic fibroblasts. Sci Rep 11:4789 (2021). PubMed: 33637797
- Yeung ML et al. Soluble ACE2-mediated cell entry of SARS-CoV-2 via interaction with proteins related to the renin-angiotensin system. Cell 184:2212-2228.e12 (2021). PubMed: 33713620
- Nie Y et al. Rearrangement of Actin Cytoskeleton by Zika Virus Infection Facilitates Blood-Testis Barrier Hyperpermeability. Virol Sin 36:692-705 (2021). PubMed: 33534087
- Zheng Z et al. NR4A1 promotes TNF-a-induced chondrocyte death and migration injury via activating the AMPK/Drp1/mitochondrial fission pathway. Int J Mol Med 45:151-161 (2020). PubMed: 31746366
- Wang G et al. Structural plasticity of actin-spectrin membrane skeleton and functional role of actin and spectrin in axon degeneration. Elife 8:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31042147
- Hu J et al. Distinct roles of two myosins in C. elegans spermatid differentiation. PLoS Biol 17:e3000211 (2019). PubMed: 30990821
- Xing B et al. GLP-1 signaling suppresses menin's transcriptional block by phosphorylation in ß cells. J Cell Biol 218:855-870 (2019). PubMed: 30792230
- Shi C et al. Yap promotes hepatocellular carcinoma metastasis and mobilization via governing cofilin/F-actin/lamellipodium axis by regulation of JNK/Bnip3/SERCA/CaMKII pathways. Redox Biol 14:59-71 (2018). PubMed: 28869833
- Alarcon-Martinez L et al. Capillary pericytes express a-smooth muscle actin, which requires prevention of filamentous-actin depolymerization for detection. Elife 7:N/A (2018). PubMed: 29561727
- Lin WF et al. Pseudopod-associated protein KIF20B promotes Gli1-induced epithelial-mesenchymal transition modulated by pseudopodial actin dynamic in human colorectal cancer. Mol Carcinog 57:911-925 (2018). PubMed: 29573464