Key features and details
- Potent, competitive EAAT2, EAAT4 and EAAT5 inhibitor
- CAS Number: 64769-66-0
- Purity: > 99%
- Soluble in water to 100 mM and in 1eq. NaOH to 100 mM
- Form / State: Solid
- Source: Synthetic
Product nameL-trans-Pyrrolidine-2,4-dicarboxylic acid, EAAT2, EAAT4 and EAAT5 inhibitor
DescriptionPotent, competitive EAAT2, EAAT4 and EAAT5 inhibitor
- EAAT2 inhibitor
Chemical name(2S,4R)-2,4-Pyrrolidinedicarboxylic acid
Storage instructionsStore at room temperature.
Solubility overviewSoluble in water to 100 mM and in 1eq. NaOH to 100 mM
Refer to SDS for further information
Need more advice on solubility, usage and handling? Please visit our frequently asked questions (FAQ) page for more details.
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab146131 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Rezq S & Abdel-Rahman AA Central GPR109A activation Mediates Glutamate-Dependent Pressor Response in Conscious Rats. J Pharmacol Exp Ther N/A:N/A (2015). PubMed: 26621144
- Medrano MC et al. Functional and morphological characterization of glutamate transporters in the rat locus coeruleus. Br J Pharmacol 169:1781-94 (2013). PubMed: 23638698
- Weaver CD et al. A high affinity glutamate/aspartate transport system in pancreatic islets of Langerhans modulates glucose-stimulated insulin secretion. J Biol Chem 273:1647-53 (1998). PubMed: 9430708
- Zuiderwijk M et al. Effects of uptake carrier blockers SK & F 89976-A and L-trans-PDC on in vivo release of amino acids in rat hippocampus. Eur J Pharmacol 307:275-82 (1996). PubMed: 8836615