Lactacystin, proteasome inhibitor (ab141411)
Key features and details
- Cell-permeable, potent and selective proteasome inhibitor
- CAS Number: 133343-34-7
- Purity: > 95%
- Soluble in DMSO to 50 mM
- Form / State: Solid
- Source: Synthetic
Product nameLactacystin, proteasome inhibitor
DescriptionCell-permeable, potent and selective proteasome inhibitor
Biological descriptionPotent, irreversible, cell-permeable, selective 20S proteasome inhibitor (IC50 = 70 nM). Inhibits cell-cycle progression and induces neurite outgrowth in vitro. Anti-bacterial and antitumor agent. Active in vivo and in vitro.
This product is manufactured by BioVision, an Abcam company and was previously called 1709 Lactacystin (Synthetic). 1709-200 is the same size as the 200 µg size of ab141411.
Chemical name2-Acetamido-3-[3-hydroxy-2-(1-hydroxy-2-methylpropyl)-4-methyl-5-oxopyrrolidine-2-carbonyl]sulfanylpropanoic acid
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at -20°C. Store under desiccating conditions. The product can be stored for up to 12 months.
Solubility overviewSoluble in DMSO to 50 mM
Wherever possible, you should prepare and use solutions on the same day. However, if you need to make up stock solutions in advance, we recommend that you store the solution as aliquots in tightly sealed vials at -20°C. Generally, these will be useable for up to one month. Before use, and prior to opening the vial we recommend that you allow your product to equilibrate to room temperature for at least 1 hour.
Need more advice on solubility, usage and handling? Please visit our frequently asked questions (FAQ) page for more details.
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
Datasheets and documents
ab141411 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Cursano S et al. A CRHR1 antagonist prevents synaptic loss and memory deficits in a trauma-induced delirium-like syndrome. Mol Psychiatry N/A:N/A (2020). PubMed: 32051550
- Song L et al. KIBRA controls exosome secretion via inhibiting the proteasomal degradation of Rab27a. Nat Commun 10:1639 (2019). PubMed: 30967557
- Park H et al. Tumor Inhibitory Effect of IRCR201, a Novel Cross-Reactive c-Met Antibody Targeting the PSI Domain. Int J Mol Sci 18:N/A (2017). PubMed: 28902178
- Zhang K et al. Berberine induces hERG channel deficiency through trafficking inhibition. Cell Physiol Biochem 34:691-702 (2014). PubMed: 25171176