Key features and details
- Selective non-peptide angiotensin II AT1 receptor antagonist
- CAS Number: 124750-99-8
- Purity: > 99%
- Soluble in water to 100 mM and in DMSO to 100 mM
- Form / State: Solid
- Source: Synthetic
Product nameLosartan potassium, non-peptide angiotensin II AT1 receptor antagonist
DescriptionSelective non-peptide angiotensin II AT1 receptor antagonist
Selective non-peptide angiotensin II type 1 (AT1) receptor antagonist (Ki = 10 nM). Blocks classical actions of angiotensin II (ab120183). Displays antihypertensive action and downregulates TFG-β regulation. Active in vivo.
Chemical name2-Butyl-4-chloro-1-[[2'-(2H-tetrazol-5-yl)[1,1'-biphenyl]-4-yl]methyl]-1H-imidazole-5-methanol potassium salt
Storage instructionsStore at Room Temperature. Store under desiccating conditions. The product can be stored for up to 12 months.
Solubility overviewSoluble in water to 100 mM and in DMSO to 100 mM
Wherever possible, you should prepare and use solutions on the same day. However, if you need to make up stock solutions in advance, we recommend that you store the solution as aliquots in tightly sealed vials at -20°C. Generally, these will be useable for up to one month. Before use, and prior to opening the vial we recommend that you allow your product to equilibrate to room temperature for at least 1 hour.
Toxic, refer to SDS for further information
Need more advice on solubility, usage and handling? Please visit our frequently asked questions (FAQ) page for more details.
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Lipid and lipoprotein metabolism
- Lipid metabolism
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab120997 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Ageeva LV et al. Data supporting that adipose-derived mesenchymal stem/stromal cells express angiotensin II receptors in situ and in vitro. Data Brief 16:327-333 (2018). PubMed: 29234689
- Hu B et al. Angiotensin II facilitates GABAergic neurotransmission at postsynaptic sites in rat amygdala neurons. Neuropharmacology 133:334-344 (2018). PubMed: 29447844
- Oliveira PA et al. Angiotensin II type 1/adenosine A 2A receptor oligomers: a novel target for tardive dyskinesia. Sci Rep 7:1857 (2017). PubMed: 28500295
- Sysoeva VY et al. Local angiotensin II promotes adipogenic differentiation of human adipose tissue mesenchymal stem cells through type 2 angiotensin receptor. Stem Cell Res 25:115-122 (2017). PubMed: 29127873