Key features and details
- Antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, anticancer flavonoid
- CAS Number: 491-70-3
- Purity: > 99%
- Soluble in DMSO to 100 mM and in ethanol to 100 mM
- Form / State: Solid
- Source: Synthetic
Product nameLuteolin, Antioxidant and anti-inflammatory
DescriptionAntioxidant, anti-inflammatory, anticancer flavonoid
Antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and anticancer flavonoid. Free radical scavenger and apoptosis inducer. Inhibits TNF-α induced COX-2 expression and supresses PI3K/Akt, NF-κB cell survival pathways.
Storage instructionsStore at +4°C. The product can be stored for up to 12 months.
Solubility overviewSoluble in DMSO to 100 mM and in ethanol to 100 mM
Wherever possible, you should prepare and use solutions on the same day. However, if you need to make up stock solutions in advance, we recommend that you store the solution as aliquots in tightly sealed vials at -20°C. Generally, these will be useable for up to one month. Before use, and prior to opening the vial we recommend that you allow your product to equilibrate to room temperature for at least 1 hour.
Refer to SDS for further information
Need more advice on solubility, usage and handling? Please visit our frequently asked questions (FAQ) page for more details.
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Lipid and lipoprotein metabolism
- Cholesterol Metabolism
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab120662 has been referenced in 1 publication.
- Fei J et al. Luteolin inhibits IL-1ß-induced in?ammation in rat chondrocytes and attenuates osteoarthritis progression in a rat model. Biomed Pharmacother 109:1586-1592 (2019). PubMed: 30551412