ML7, myosin light chain kinase inhibitor (ab120848)
Key features and details
- Potent, selective myosin light chain kinase inhibitor
- CAS Number: 110448-33-4
- Purity: > 99%
- Soluble in DMSO to 100 mM
- Form / State: Solid
- Source: Synthetic
Product nameML7, myosin light chain kinase inhibitor
DescriptionPotent, selective myosin light chain kinase inhibitor
Potent and selective myosin light chain kinase inhibitor (MLCK) (Ki = 300 nM). Also inhibits PKA and PKC (Ki values are 21 and 42 μM, respectively). Cell-permeable. Inhibits tumor cell growth.
Chemical nameHexahydro-1-[(5-Iodo-1-naphthaleny)sulfonyl]-1H-1,4-diazepine hydrochloride
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Store under desiccating conditions. The product can be stored for up to 12 months.
Solubility overviewSoluble in DMSO to 100 mM
Wherever possible, you should prepare and use solutions on the same day. However, if you need to make up stock solutions in advance, we recommend that you store the solution as aliquots in tightly sealed vials at -20°C. Generally, these will be useable for up to one month. Before use, and prior to opening the vial we recommend that you allow your product to equilibrate to room temperature for at least 1 hour.
Need more advice on solubility, usage and handling? Please visit our frequently asked questions (FAQ) page for more details.
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab120848 has been referenced in 7 publications.
- Oya R et al. Phosphorylation of MYL12 by Myosin Light Chain Kinase Regulates Cellular Shape Changes in Cochlear Hair Cells. J Assoc Res Otolaryngol 22:425-441 (2021). PubMed: 33877471
- Xu J et al. Macrophage-specific RhoA knockout delays Wallerian degeneration after peripheral nerve injury in mice. J Neuroinflammation 18:234 (2021). PubMed: 34654444
- Schierbaum N et al. Combined atomic force microscopy (AFM) and traction force microscopy (TFM) reveals a correlation between viscoelastic material properties and contractile prestress of living cells. Soft Matter 15:1721-1729 (2019). PubMed: 30657157
- Wang J et al. MicroRNA-92a promotes vascular smooth muscle cell proliferation and migration through the ROCK/MLCK signalling pathway. J Cell Mol Med 23:3696-3710 (2019). PubMed: 30907506
- Lamri L et al. Ciliogenesis-coupled accumulation of IFT-B proteins in a novel cytoplasmic compartment. Genes Cells 24:731-745 (2019). PubMed: 31554018
- Al-Shboul OA et al. Gender differences in the regulation of MLC20 phosphorylation and smooth muscle contraction in rat stomach. Biomed Rep 8:283-288 (2018). PubMed: 29599980
- Wang F et al. Keratin 6 regulates collective keratinocyte migration by altering cell-cell and cell-matrix adhesion. J Cell Biol 217:4314-4330 (2018). PubMed: 30389720