Monastrol, cell permeable mitosis inhibitor (ab141087)
Key features and details
- Potent and cell permeable mitosis inhibitor. Kinesin Eg5 inhibitor.
- CAS Number: 329689-23-8
- Purity: > 99%
- Soluble in DMSO to 100 mM and in ethanol to 100 mM
- Form / State: Solid
- Source: Synthetic
Product nameMonastrol, cell permeable mitosis inhibitor
DescriptionPotent and cell permeable mitosis inhibitor. Kinesin Eg5 inhibitor.
Chemical name1,2,3,4-Tetrahydro-4-(3-hydroxyphenyl)-6-methyl-2-thioxo-5-pyrimidinecarboxylic acid ethyl ester
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. It is important to note that this product is reported to be light sensitive. Store In the Dark. Store under desiccating conditions.
Solubility overviewSoluble in DMSO to 100 mM and in ethanol to 100 mM
Wherever possible, you should prepare and use solutions on the same day. However, if you need to make up stock solutions in advance, we recommend that you store the solution as aliquots in tightly sealed vials at -20°C. Generally, these will be useable for up to one month. Before use, and prior to opening the vial we recommend that you allow your product to equilibrate to room temperature for at least 1 hour.
Need more advice on solubility, usage and handling? Please visit our frequently asked questions (FAQ) page for more details.
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Lipid and lipoprotein metabolism
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab141087 has been referenced in 2 publications.
- Walton CC et al. Primary neurons can enter M-phase. Sci Rep 9:4594 (2019). PubMed: 30872646
- Cho YC et al. Cell cycle-dependent Cdc25C phosphatase determines cell survival by regulating apoptosis signal-regulating kinase 1. Cell Death Differ 22:1605-17 (2015). PubMed: 25633196