Necrostatin-1, necroptosis inhibitor (ab141053)
Key features and details
- Potent, specific necroptosis inhibitor
- CAS Number: 4311-88-0
- Purity: > 99%
- Soluble in ethanol to 50 mM and in DMSO to 100 mM
- Form / State: Solid
- Source: Synthetic
Product nameNecrostatin-1, necroptosis inhibitor
DescriptionPotent, specific necroptosis inhibitor
Potent, specific necroptosis inhibitor (EC50 = 490 nM). Selective allosteric inhibitor of death domain receptor-associated adaptor kinase RIP1 in vitro (EC50 = 182 nM). Caspase independent, programmed necrosis pathway.
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Store under desiccating conditions. The product can be stored for up to 12 months.
Solubility overviewSoluble in ethanol to 50 mM and in DMSO to 100 mM
Wherever possible, you should prepare and use solutions on the same day. However, if you need to make up stock solutions in advance, we recommend that you store the solution as aliquots in tightly sealed vials at -20°C. Generally, these will be useable for up to one month. Before use, and prior to opening the vial we recommend that you allow your product to equilibrate to room temperature for at least 1 hour.
Need more advice on solubility, usage and handling? Please visit our frequently asked questions (FAQ) page for more details.
2D chemical structure image of ab141053, Necrostatin-1, necroptosis inhibitor
Necroptosis exists in PDLSCs.
TEM, a representative normal cell (the cell had a long fusiform, cell membrane structure was complete, the nucleus was round, nucleolus was obvious and center), b representative necroptosis cell (cell membrane ruptured, organelle disappeared, chromatin consolidated and agglutinated, presenting necrotic ultrastructural characteristics), c representative necrosis cell after Nec-1 inhibited (the cell membrane was intact, and the chromatin structure returned to normal).
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab141053 has been referenced in 14 publications.
- Molnár T et al. Caspase-9 acts as a regulator of necroptotic cell death. FEBS J 288:6476-6491 (2021). PubMed: 33899329
- Lau H et al. Necrostatin-1 Supplementation to Islet Tissue Culture Enhances the In-Vitro Development and Graft Function of Young Porcine Islets. Int J Mol Sci 22:N/A (2021). PubMed: 34445075
- Lau H et al. The effects of necrostatin-1 on the in vitro development and function of young porcine islets over 14-day prolonged tissue culture. Xenotransplantation 28:e12667 (2021). PubMed: 33438288
- Yan S et al. Necroptosis pathway blockage attenuates PFKFB3 inhibitor-induced cell viability loss and genome instability in colorectal cancer cells. Am J Cancer Res 11:2062-2080 (2021). PubMed: 34094669
- Trimova G et al. Tumour necrosis factor alpha promotes secretion of 14-3-3? by inducing necroptosis in macrophages. Arthritis Res Ther 22:24 (2020). PubMed: 32051018