Key features and details
- Selective Rac-1 inhibitor
- CAS Number: 1177865-17-6
- Purity: > 98%
- Soluble in water to 100 mM and in DMSO to 100 mM
- Form / State: Solid
- Source: Synthetic
Product nameNSC 23766 trihydrochloride, Rac-1 inhibitor
DescriptionSelective Rac-1 inhibitor
Selective Rac-1 inhibitor. Blocks Rac-specific guanine nucleotide exchange factors TrioN and Tiam1 (IC50 = 50 μM) without affecting Cdc42 or RhoA activation. Apoptotic and causes G1 cell cycle arrest in vitro. Cell-permeable. Active in vivo and centrally active.
Chemical nameN6-[2-[[4-(Diethylamino)-1-methylbutyl]amino]-6-methyl-4-pyrimidinyl]-2-methyl-4,6-quinolinediamine trihydrochloride
Storage instructionsStore at Room Temperature. Store under desiccating conditions. The product can be stored for up to 12 months.
Solubility overviewSoluble in water to 100 mM and in DMSO to 100 mM
Wherever possible, you should prepare and use solutions on the same day. However, if you need to make up stock solutions in advance, we recommend that you store the solution as aliquots in tightly sealed vials at -20°C. Generally, these will be useable for up to one month. Before use, and prior to opening the vial we recommend that you allow your product to equilibrate to room temperature for at least 1 hour.
Need more advice on solubility, usage and handling? Please visit our frequently asked questions (FAQ) page for more details.
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab142161 has been referenced in 3 publications.
- Hiratsuka K et al. Organoid-on-a-chip model of human ARPKD reveals mechanosensing pathomechanisms for drug discovery. Sci Adv 8:eabq0866 (2022). PubMed: 36129975
- Xie N et al. MicroRNA-142-3p suppresses cell proliferation, invasion and epithelial-to-mesenchymal transition via RAC1-ERK1/2 signaling in colorectal cancer. Mol Med Rep 24:N/A (2021). PubMed: 34109430
- Kolyvushko O et al. Equine Alphaherpesviruses Require Activation of the Small GTPases Rac1 and Cdc42 for Intracellular Transport. Microorganisms 8:N/A (2020). PubMed: 32645930