Paclitaxel, Anticancer agent (ab120143)
Key features and details
- Anticancer agent
- CAS Number: 33069-62-4
- Soluble in DMSO to 100 mM and in ethanol to 25 mM
- Form / State: Solid
- Source: Synthetic
Product namePaclitaxel, Anticancer agent
Chemical name5ß,20-Epoxy-1,2a,4,7ß,10ß,13a-hexahydroxytax-11-en-9-one 4,10-diacetate 2-benzoate 13-ester with (2R,3S)-N-benzoyl-3-phenylisoserine
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Store under desiccating conditions. The product can be stored for up to 12 months.
Solubility overviewSoluble in DMSO to 100 mM and in ethanol to 25 mM
Wherever possible, you should prepare and use solutions on the same day. However, if you need to make up stock solutions in advance, we recommend that you store the solution as aliquots in tightly sealed vials at -20°C. Generally, these will be useable for up to one month. Before use, and prior to opening the vial we recommend that you allow your product to equilibrate to room temperature for at least 1 hour.
Refer to SDS for further information.
Note: Some researchers have found solubility issues in PBS. The recommended procedure (from researcher feedback) for successful solubilisation is as follows: Solubilise 10 mg of ab120143 in 1.25 mL ethanol absolute, mix well, add 1.25mL Cremophor, homogenise. Store at -20°C and after 24 h, defreeze quickly and solubilise in PBS, no crystallisation observed. Please note, Abcam has not yet tested this method.
Need more advice on solubility, usage and handling? Please visit our frequently asked questions (FAQ) page for more details.
2D chemical structure image of ab120143, Paclitaxel, Anticancer agent
E2 inhibits Paclitaxel induced androgen-independent prostate cancer cell death.
(A-D) 100 nM of E2 was added to the media of (A and B) LNCaP and (C and D) PC3 cells for 96h, followed by addition of Paclitaxel at the indicated concentrations for 24h. The cells were stained with Hoechst 33258 (5 µg/ml) to visualize nuclei and propidium iodide (PI) (0.2 µg/ml) to detect membrane damage (B and D). Cell death was quantified by scoring the number of PI positive cells relative to the total number cell nuclei in the same visual field (A and C). The values represent the mean ± S.E. of at least three independent experiments. * denotes p<0.05, ** denotes p<0.01, and *** denotes p<0.001.
E2 = 17-β-estradiol
(From Figure 1 of Dong et al).
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab120143 has been referenced in 12 publications.
- Wala K et al. Anticancer Efficacy of 6-Gingerol with Paclitaxel against Wild Type of Human Breast Adenocarcinoma. Molecules 27:N/A (2022). PubMed: 35566044
- Liu M et al. Identification of a prognostic chemoresistance-related gene signature associated with immune microenvironment in breast cancer. Bioengineered 12:8419-8434 (2021). PubMed: 34661511
- Samanta J et al. Oleic Acid Protects from Arsenic-Induced Cardiac Hypertrophy via AMPK/FoxO/NFATc3 Pathway. Cardiovasc Toxicol 20:261-280 (2020). PubMed: 31571030
- Rose JC et al. Biofunctionalized aligned microgels provide 3D cell guidance to mimic complex tissue matrices. Biomaterials 163:128-141 (2018). PubMed: 29459322
- Ferreira SA et al. Neighboring cells override 3D hydrogel matrix cues to drive human MSC quiescence. Biomaterials 176:13-23 (2018). PubMed: 29852376