Key features and details
- TLR1/TLR2 agonist
- CAS Number: 112208-00-1
- Purity: > 95%
- Soluble in 1:1 water/ethanol to 1 mg/ml
- Form / State: Solid
- Source: Synthetic
Product namePam3Cys-Ser-(Lys)4, TLR1/TLR2 agonist
TLR1/TLR2 agonist. Synthetic analog of the triacylated N-terminal part of bacterial lipoproteins. Potent adjuvant in vivo. Potent activator of Balb/c splenocytes.
SequenceCSKKKK (Modifications: N-terminal palmitoyl; Cys-1 = Cys(2,3-Bis(palmitoyloxy)propyl))
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Store under desiccating conditions. The product can be stored for up to 12 months.
Solubility overviewSoluble in 1:1 water/ethanol to 1 mg/ml
Wherever possible, you should prepare and use solutions on the same day. However, if you need to make up stock solutions in advance, we recommend that you store the solution as aliquots in tightly sealed vials at -20°C. Generally, these will be useable for up to one week. Before use, and prior to opening the vial we recommend that you allow your product to equilibrate to room temperature for at least 1 hour.
Need more advice on solubility, usage and handling? Please visit our frequently asked questions (FAQ) page for more details.
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab142085 has been referenced in 7 publications.
- Ma D et al. Toll-like Receptor 2 is Involved in Calcium Influx and Acrosome Reaction to Facilitate Sperm Penetration to Oocytes During in vitro Fertilization in Cattle. Front Cell Dev Biol 10:810961 (2022). PubMed: 35281105
- Liu ZM et al. Suramin attenuates intervertebral disc degeneration by inhibiting NF-?B signalling pathway. Bone Joint Res 10:498-513 (2021). PubMed: 34372688
- Elesh IF et al. Peptidoglycan Switches Off the TLR2-Mediated Sperm Recognition and Triggers Sperm Localization in the Bovine Endometrium. Front Immunol 11:619408 (2020). PubMed: 33643300
- Ezz MA et al. TLR2/4 signaling pathway mediates sperm-induced inflammation in bovine endometrial epithelial cells in vitro. PLoS One 14:e0214516 (2019). PubMed: 30995239
- Shen Q et al. TLR2 protects cisplatin-induced acute kidney injury associated with autophagy via PI3K/Akt signaling pathway. J Cell Biochem 120:4366-4374 (2019). PubMed: 30387162
- Maatouk L et al. TLR9 activation via microglial glucocorticoid receptors contributes to degeneration of midbrain dopamine neurons. Nat Commun 9:2450 (2018). PubMed: 29934589
- Hussain T et al. MicroRNA 27a-3p Regulates Antimicrobial Responses of Murine Macrophages Infected by Mycobacterium avium subspecies paratuberculosis by Targeting Interleukin-10 and TGF-ß-Activated Protein Kinase 1 Binding Protein 2. Front Immunol 8:1915 (2017). PubMed: 29375563