Key features and details
- Non-selective α antagonist
- CAS Number: 73-05-2
- Purity: > 98%
- Soluble in water to 50 mM
- Form / State: Solid
- Source: Synthetic
Product namePhentolamine hydrochloride, Non-selective alpha antagonist
DescriptionNon-selective α antagonist
Chemical name3-[[(4,5-Dihydro-1-imidazol-2-yl)methyl](4-methylphenyl)amino]phenol hydrochloride
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. It is important to note that this product is reported to be light sensitive. Store In the Dark. Store under desiccating conditions.
Solubility overviewSoluble in water to 50 mM
Unstable; make up solutions fresh and use immediately.
Refer to SDS for further information
Need more advice on solubility, usage and handling? Please visit our frequently asked questions (FAQ) page for more details.
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab120791 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- Wang M et al. Regulation of Spontaneous Contractions in Intact Rat Bladder Strips and the Effects of Hydrogen Peroxide. Biomed Res Int 2018:2925985 (2018). PubMed: 29511675
- Byrne AM et al. The synthetic progestin norgestrel modulates Nrf2 signaling and acts as an antioxidant in a model of retinal degeneration. Redox Biol 10:128-139 (2016). PubMed: 27744118
- Zhang Q & Tan Y Nerve growth factor augments neuronal responsiveness to noradrenaline in cultured dorsal root ganglion neurons of rats. Neuroscience 193:72-9 (2011). PubMed: 21784134
- Ahn SW et al. Phentolamine inhibits the pacemaker activity of mouse interstitial cells of Cajal by activating ATP-sensitive K+ channels. Arch Pharm Res 33:479-89 (2010). PubMed: 20361315
- Proks P & Ashcroft FM Phentolamine block of KATP channels is mediated by Kir6.2. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 94:11716-20 (1997). PubMed: 9326676