Key features and details
- α1 Adrenoceptor agonist
- CAS Number: 61-76-7
- Purity: > 99%
- Soluble in water to 100 mM and in DMSO to 100 mM
- Form / State: Solid
- Source: Synthetic
Product name(R)-(-)-Phenylephrine hydrochloride, alpha1 Adrenoceptor agonist
Descriptionα1 Adrenoceptor agonist
α1 Adrenoceptor agonist. pKi values are 4.87, 4.70 and 5.86 for adrenoceptor subtypes α1B, α1C and α1A/D, respectively. Vasoconstrictor. Active in vivo, may cross the blood-brain barrier.
Chemical name(R)-(-)-1-(3-Hydroxyphenyl)-2-methylaminoethanol hydrochloride
Storage instructionsStore at Room Temperature. Store under desiccating conditions. The product can be stored for up to 12 months.
Solubility overviewSoluble in water to 100 mM and in DMSO to 100 mM
Wherever possible, you should prepare and use solutions on the same day. However, if you need to make up stock solutions in advance, we recommend that you store the solution as aliquots in tightly sealed vials at -20°C. Generally, these will be useable for up to one month. Before use, and prior to opening the vial we recommend that you allow your product to equilibrate to room temperature for at least 1 hour.
Refer to SDS for further information.
Need more advice on solubility, usage and handling? Please visit our frequently asked questions (FAQ) page for more details.
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab120761 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Tyurin-Kuzmin PA et al. Noradrenaline Sensitivity Is Severely Impaired in Immortalized Adipose-Derived Mesenchymal Stem Cell Line. Int J Mol Sci 19:N/A (2018). PubMed: 30469522
- Jiang DS et al. The potential role of lysosome-associated membrane protein 3 (LAMP3) on cardiac remodelling. Am J Transl Res 8:37-48 (2016). PubMed: 27069538
- Tyurin-Kuzmin PA et al. Activation of ß-adrenergic receptors is required for elevated a1A-adrenoreceptors expression and signaling in mesenchymal stromal cells. Sci Rep 6:32835 (2016). PubMed: 27596381
- Lippiello P et al. Noradrenergic modulation of the parallel fiber-Purkinje cell synapse in mouse cerebellum. Neuropharmacology 89:33-42 (2015). PubMed: 25218865