Key features and details
- Primary sequence involved in cell adhesion
- CAS Number: 99896-85-2
- Purity: > 95%
- Soluble in water to 10 mM
- Form / State: Solid
- Source: Synthetic
Product nameRGD (Arg-Gly-Asp), sequence involved in cell adhesion
DescriptionPrimary sequence involved in cell adhesion
Primary sequence involved with the binding of proteins to cell surfaces. Promotes cell adhesion. Found in many integrin ligands. Strong affinity and selectivity to the alpha(V)beta(3) integrin receptors.
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Store under desiccating conditions. The product can be stored for up to 12 months.
Solubility overviewSoluble in water to 10 mM
Wherever possible, you should prepare and use solutions on the same day. However, if you need to make up stock solutions in advance, we recommend that you store the solution as aliquots in tightly sealed vials at -20°C. Generally, these will be useable for up to one week. Before use, and prior to opening the vial we recommend that you allow your product to equilibrate to room temperature for at least 1 hour.
Need more advice on solubility, usage and handling? Please visit our frequently asked questions (FAQ) page for more details.
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab142698 has been referenced in 7 publications.
- López-Moncada F et al. SPARC Induces E-Cadherin Repression and Enhances Cell Migration through Integrin αvβ3 and the Transcription Factor ZEB1 in Prostate Cancer Cells. Int J Mol Sci 23:N/A (2022). PubMed: 35682554
- Mousavizadeh R et al. ß1 integrin, ILK and mTOR regulate collagen synthesis in mechanically loaded tendon cells. Sci Rep 10:12644 (2020). PubMed: 32724089
- James BD et al. MechanoBioTester: A Decoupled Multistimulus Cell Culture Device for Studying Complex Microenvironments In Vitro. ACS Biomater Sci Eng 6:3673-3689 (2020). PubMed: 32704528
- Dong H et al. GLI1 activation by non-classical pathway integrin avß3/ERK1/2 maintains stem cell-like phenotype of multicellular aggregates in gastric cancer peritoneal metastasis. Cell Death Dis 10:574 (2019). PubMed: 31366904
- Xia P et al. Lateral Inhibition in Cell Specification Mediated by Mechanical Signals Modulating TAZ Activity. Cell 176:1379-1392.e14 (2019). PubMed: 30773315
- Guijarro-Belmar A et al. Epac2 Elevation Reverses Inhibition by Chondroitin Sulfate Proteoglycans In Vitro and Transforms Postlesion Inhibitory Environment to Promote Axonal Outgrowth in an Ex Vivo Model of Spinal Cord Injury. J Neurosci 39:8330-8346 (2019). PubMed: 31409666
- Zhang K et al. Reversible control of cell membrane receptor function using DNA nano-spring multivalent ligands. Chem Sci 8:7098-7105 (2017). PubMed: 29147539