Rosiglitazone maleate (Avandia), PPARgamma agonist. Maleate salt. (ab142461)
Key features and details
- Potent, selective PPARγ agonist. Maleate salt.
- CAS Number: 155141-29-0
- Purity: > 98%
- Soluble in DMSO and ethanol
- Form / State: Solid
- Source: Synthetic
Product nameRosiglitazone maleate (Avandia), PPARgamma agonist. Maleate salt.
DescriptionPotent, selective PPARγ agonist. Maleate salt.
Chemical name5-[[4-[2-[Methyl(pyridin-2-yl)amino]ethoxy]phenyl]methyl]-1,3-thiazolidine-2,4-dione maleate
Storage instructionsStore at Room Temperature. The product can be stored for up to 12 months.
Solubility overviewSoluble in DMSO and ethanol
Wherever possible, you should prepare and use solutions on the same day. However, if you need to make up stock solutions in advance, we recommend that you store the solution as aliquots in tightly sealed vials at -20°C. Generally, these will be useable for up to one month. Before use, and prior to opening the vial we recommend that you allow your product to equilibrate to room temperature for at least 1 hour.
Toxic, refer to SDS for further information.
Need more advice on solubility, usage and handling? Please visit our frequently asked questions (FAQ) page for more details.
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
Datasheets and documents
ab142461 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Aaron N et al. Adipsin promotes bone marrow adiposity by priming mesenchymal stem cells. Elife 10:N/A (2021). PubMed: 34155972
- Liu L et al. PPAR? Deacetylation Confers the Antiatherogenic Effect and Improves Endothelial Function in Diabetes Treatment. Diabetes 69:1793-1803 (2020). PubMed: 32409492
- Chan M et al. Identification of a natural beige adipose depot in mice. J Biol Chem 294:6751-6761 (2019). PubMed: 30824545
- Kraakman MJ et al. PPAR? deacetylation dissociates thiazolidinedione's metabolic benefits from its adverse effects. J Clin Invest 128:2600-2612 (2018). PubMed: 29589839