Key features and details
- p38 MAPK inhibitor
- CAS Number: 152121-47-6
- Soluble in DMSO to 25 mM
- Form / State: Solid
- Source: Synthetic
Product nameSB 203580, p38 MAPK inhibitor
Descriptionp38 MAPK inhibitor
Cell-permeable p38 MAPK inhibitor. Shows selectivity over many other kinases but also shown to have some inhibitory activity against GAK, CK1, RIP2, c-Raf and GSK3.
Storage instructionsStore at +4°C. Store under desiccating conditions. The product can be stored for up to 12 months.
Solubility overviewSoluble in DMSO to 25 mM
Wherever possible, you should prepare and use solutions on the same day. However, if you need to make up stock solutions in advance, we recommend that you store the solution as aliquots in tightly sealed vials at -20°C. Generally, these will be useable for up to one month. Before use, and prior to opening the vial we recommend that you allow your product to equilibrate to room temperature for at least 1 hour.
Need more advice on solubility, usage and handling? Please visit our frequently asked questions (FAQ) page for more details.
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab120162 has been referenced in 24 publications.
- Zhang J et al. TGF-ß1-induced autophagy activates hepatic stellate cells via the ERK and JNK signaling pathways. Int J Mol Med 47:256-266 (2021). PubMed: 33236148
- Li HN et al. Red nucleus IL-33 facilitates the early development of mononeuropathic pain in male rats by inducing TNF-a through activating ERK, p38 MAPK, and JAK2/STAT3. J Neuroinflammation 18:150 (2021). PubMed: 34225736
- Lan CN et al. MAPK inhibitors protect against early-stage osteoarthritis by activating autophagy. Mol Med Rep 24:N/A (2021). PubMed: 34590154
- Zhang X et al. MicroRNA-375 prevents TGF-ß-dependent transdifferentiation of lung fibroblasts via the MAP2K6/P38 pathway. Mol Med Rep 22:1803-1810 (2020). PubMed: 32582987
- Kang K & Wang Y Sevoflurane Inhibits Proliferation and Invasion of Human Ovarian Cancer Cells by Regulating JNK and p38 MAPK Signaling Pathway. Drug Des Devel Ther 13:4451-4460 (2019). PubMed: 32021086