Key features and details
- Selective MKK inhibitor
- CAS Number: 109511-58-2
- Soluble in DMSO to 100 mM
- Form / State: Solid
- Source: Synthetic
Product nameU0126, Selective MKK inhibitor
DescriptionSelective MKK inhibitor
Selective non-competitive inhibitor of MAP kinase kinase (MKK). Inhibits MKK1, MKK2 (IC50 values of 0.07 and 0.06 μM, respectively) and MKK5 with little or no effect on a wide range of other kinases. Centrally active following systemic administration in vivo.
Storage instructionsStore at +4°C. Store under desiccating conditions. The product can be stored for up to 12 months.
Solubility overviewSoluble in DMSO to 100 mM
Wherever possible, you should prepare and use solutions on the same day. However, if you need to make up stock solutions in advance, we recommend that you store the solution as aliquots in tightly sealed vials at -20°C. Generally, these will be useable for up to one month. Before use, and prior to opening the vial we recommend that you allow your product to equilibrate to room temperature for at least 1 hour.
Need more advice on solubility, usage and handling? Please visit our frequently asked questions (FAQ) page for more details.
- Research Area
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Signal transduction
2D chemical structure image of ab120241, U0126, Selective MKK inhibitor
Performed under reducing conditions; Samples loaded at 30 µg/lane. Membrane blocking and secondary antibody incubation performed in 5% milk/PBST. Primary antibody incubation performed in 5% BSA/PBST.
Lane 1: Marker
Lane 2: A431 lysate starved
Lane 3: A431 lysate starved treated with 100 ng/mL of EGF for 30 min
Lane 4: A431 lysate starved and pretreated for 2 hours with 10µM U0126 (ab120241)
Lane 5: A431 lysate starved and pretreated for 2 hours with 30µM Ly294002 (ab120243)
Primary: AKT/MAPK signaling pathway antibody cocktail at 1/250 dilution
Secondary: HRP conjugated Goat anti-Rabbit secondary antibody at 1:10,000 dilution.
RSK1p90 (pS380) band size: 83 kDa
AKT1 (pS473) band size: 56 kDa
ERK1 (pY204) and ERK2 (pY187) band size: 43 kDa
RPS6 (pS235/236) band size: 31 kDa
Rab11a band size: 24 kDa
Unknown band: 130kDa
Performed under reducing conditions; Samples l
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab120241 has been referenced in 19 publications.
- Sugita J et al. Cardiac macrophages prevent sudden death during heart stress. Nat Commun 12:1910 (2021). PubMed: 33771995
- van Krieken PP et al. Oncostatin M suppresses browning of white adipocytes via gp130-STAT3 signaling. Mol Metab 54:101341 (2021). PubMed: 34547509
- Lan CN et al. MAPK inhibitors protect against early-stage osteoarthritis by activating autophagy. Mol Med Rep 24:N/A (2021). PubMed: 34590154
- Luo Z et al. Metformin promotes survivin degradation through AMPK/PKA/GSK-3ß-axis in non-small cell lung cancer. J Cell Biochem N/A:N/A (2019). PubMed: 30793366
- Hamon A et al. Linking YAP to Müller Glia Quiescence Exit in the Degenerative Retina. Cell Rep 27:1712-1725.e6 (2019). PubMed: 31067458