Key features and details
- Selective EAAT1 inhibitor
- CAS Number: 1229591-56-3
- Purity: > 98%
- Soluble in DMSO to 25 mM. It is recommended that all preparations are centrifuged before use.
- Form / State: Solid
- Source: Synthetic
Product nameUCPH-102, EAAT1 inhibitor
DescriptionSelective EAAT1 inhibitor
Selective excitatory amino acid transporter subtype 1 (EAAT1) inhibitor (IC50 = 0.42 μM). Active in vivo. Blood-brain barrier permeable analog of UCPH-101 (ab120309).
Storage instructionsStore at +4°C. Store under desiccating conditions. The product can be stored for up to 12 months.
Solubility overviewSoluble in DMSO to 25 mM. It is recommended that all preparations are centrifuged before use.
Wherever possible, you should prepare and use solutions on the same day. However, if you need to make up stock solutions in advance, we recommend that you store the solution as aliquots in tightly sealed vials at -20°C. Generally, these will be useable for up to one month. Before use, and prior to opening the vial we recommend that you allow your product to equilibrate to room temperature for at least 1 hour.
Need more advice on solubility, usage and handling? Please visit our frequently asked questions (FAQ) page for more details.
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab146404 has been referenced in 3 publications.
- Haym I et al. Bioavailability Studies and in vitro Profiling of the Selective Excitatory Amino Acid Transporter Subtype 1 (EAAT1) Inhibitor UCPH-102. ChemMedChem N/A:N/A (2016). PubMed: 26797816
- Erichsen MN et al. Probing for improved potency and in vivo bioavailability of excitatory amino acid transporter subtype 1 inhibitors UCPH-101 and UCPH-102: design, synthesis and pharmacological evaluation of substituted 7-biphenyl analogs. Neurochem Res 39:1964-79 (2014). PubMed: 24682739
- Huynh TH et al. Design, synthesis and pharmacological characterization of coumarin-based fluorescent analogs of excitatory amino acid transporter subtype 1 selective inhibitors, UCPH-101 and UCPH-102. Bioorg Med Chem 20:6831-9 (2012). PubMed: 23072958