WAY-100635 maleate, 5-HT1A receptor antagonist (ab120550)
Key features and details
- Potent, selective, silent 5-HT1A receptor antagonist
- CAS Number: 634908-75-1
- Soluble in water to 50 mM
- Form / State: Solid
- Source: Synthetic
Product nameWAY-100635 maleate, 5-HT1A receptor antagonist
DescriptionPotent, selective, silent 5-HT1A receptor antagonist
Potent, selective, silent 5-HT1A receptor antagonist (IC50 = 1.35 nM).
Displays >100-fold selectivity for 5-HT1Arelative to a range of other CNS receptors including other 5-HT subtypes, adrenoceptors, dopamine, GABA, histamine and ion channels. Binds selectively to rodent brain 5-HT1A receptors in vivo (iv admin). Unlike WAY100135, WAY100635 displays no partial agonist activity in the ventral hippocampus of rats.
Chemical nameN-[2-[4-(2-Methoxyphenyl)-1-piperazinyl]ethyl]-N-2-pyridinylcyclohexanecarboxamide maleate salt
Storage instructionsStore at Room Temperature. Store under desiccating conditions. The product can be stored for up to 12 months.
Solubility overviewSoluble in water to 50 mM
Wherever possible, you should prepare and use solutions on the same day. However, if you need to make up stock solutions in advance, we recommend that you store the solution as aliquots in tightly sealed vials at -20°C. Generally, these will be useable for up to one month. Before use, and prior to opening the vial we recommend that you allow your product to equilibrate to room temperature for at least 1 hour.
Need more advice on solubility, usage and handling? Please visit our frequently asked questions (FAQ) page for more details.
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab120550 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- Belmer A et al. Neural serotonergic circuits for controlling long-term voluntary alcohol consumption in mice. Mol Psychiatry 27:4599-4610 (2022). PubMed: 36195637
- Sugimoto K et al. Serotonin/5-HT1A Signaling in the Neurovascular Unit Regulates Endothelial CLDN5 Expression. Int J Mol Sci 22:N/A (2020). PubMed: 33383868
- Lombaert N et al. 5-HTR2A and 5-HTR3A but not 5-HTR1A antagonism impairs the cross-modal reactivation of deprived visual cortex in adulthood. Mol Brain 11:65 (2018). PubMed: 30400993
- Wang XL et al. Treatment with Shuyu capsule increases 5-HT1AR level and activation of cAMP-PKA-CREB pathway in hippocampal neurons treated with serum from a rat model of depression. Mol Med Rep 17:3575-3582 (2018). PubMed: 29286104
- Asaoka N et al. Chronic antidepressant potentiates spontaneous activity of dorsal raphe serotonergic neurons by decreasing GABAB receptor-mediated inhibition of L-type calcium channels. Sci Rep 7:13609 (2017). PubMed: 29051549