Key features and details
- Selective Rho kinase inhibitor. 1 ml water soluble pack.
- CAS Number: 129830-38-2
- Purity: > 99%
- Soluble in 1 of ml water to give specified mM/ml concentration
- Form / State: Solid
- Source: Synthetic
Product nameY-27632 dihydrochloride (mM/ml), Rho kinase inhibitor
DescriptionSelective Rho kinase inhibitor. 1 ml water soluble pack.
Selective Rho kinase inhibitor.
Soluble in 1 ml water to give specified mM/ml concentration. Find out more.
Chemical name(R)-(+)-trans-4-(1-Aminoethyl)-N-(4-pyridyl)cyclohexanecarboxamide dihydrochloride
Storage instructionsStore at +4°C. Store under desiccating conditions. The product can be stored for up to 12 months.
Solubility overviewSoluble in 1 of ml water to give specified mM/ml concentration
This product is supplied in one (or more) pack size which is freeze dried. Therefore the contents may not be readily visible, as they can coat the bottom or walls of the vial. Please see our FAQs and information page for more details on handling.
Wherever possible, you should prepare and use solutions on the same day. However, if you need to make up stock solutions in advance, we recommend that you store the solution as aliquots in tightly sealed vials at -20°C. Generally, these will be useable for up to one month. Before use, and prior to opening the vial we recommend that you allow your product to equilibrate to room temperature for at least 1 hour.
Refer to SDS for further information.
Need more advice on solubility, usage and handling? Please visit our frequently asked questions (FAQ) page for more details.
2D chemical structure image of ab144494, Y-27632 dihydrochloride (mM/ml), Rho kinase inhibitor
Representative morphology and membrane potential responses to current step injection in hESMNs at 3 different times in vitro.
Imaging of cells fixed after patch-clamp recordings indicate that recorded cells express the Hb9::GFP reporter transgene (A-C,E,G,and I). Voltage responses and imaging in the same rows are taken from same neurons. The neurons for A-C are same as that shown in F and G. D,F,H show examples of voltage responses to current steps recorded from 3 neurons current-clamped at −58 mV, −60 mV, and −55 mV, respectively. Bottom traces in D,F, and H show injected currents. Scale bars in images are 50 μm.
Only part of full image panel shown.
Cells were pre-treated with ab144494.
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab144494 has been referenced in 13 publications.
- Paknikar AK et al. Direct characterization of cytoskeletal reorganization during blood platelet spreading. Prog Biophys Mol Biol N/A:N/A (2018). PubMed: 29843920
- Amoroso MW et al. Accelerated high-yield generation of limb-innervating motor neurons from human stem cells. J Neurosci 33:574-86 (2013). PubMed: 23303937
- Fujii M et al. Inhibition of Rho kinase by hydroxyfasudil attenuates brain edema after subarachnoid hemorrhage in rats. Neurochem Int 60:327-33 (2012). PubMed: 22226843
- Katz SF et al. Disruption of Trp53 in livers of mice induces formation of carcinomas with bilineal differentiation. Gastroenterology 142:1229-1239.e3 (2012). PubMed: 22342966
- Chen TH et al. Patterns of periodic holes created by increased cell motility. Interface Focus 2:457-64 (2012). PubMed: 22649581