Key features and details
- Selective α2 adrenoceptor antagonist
- CAS Number: 65-19-0
- Soluble in DMSO to 25 mM
- Form / State: Solid
- Source: Pausinystalia yohimbe
Product nameYohimbine hydrochloride, alpha2 adrenoceptor antagonist
DescriptionSelective α2 adrenoceptor antagonist
Chemical name(16α,17α)-17-Hydroxyyohimban-16-carboxylic acid methyl ester hydrochloride
Storage instructionsStore at Room Temperature. The product can be stored for up to 12 months.
Solubility overviewSoluble in DMSO to 25 mM
Wherever possible, you should prepare and use solutions on the same day. However, if you need to make up stock solutions in advance, we recommend that you store the solution as aliquots in tightly sealed vials at -20°C. Generally, these will be useable for up to one month. Before use, and prior to opening the vial we recommend that you allow your product to equilibrate to room temperature for at least 1 hour.
Toxic, refer to SDS for further information.
Need more advice on solubility, usage and handling? Please visit our frequently asked questions (FAQ) page for more details.
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab120239 has been referenced in 3 publications.
- Burke DA & Alvarez VA Serotonin receptors contribute to dopamine depression of lateral inhibition in the nucleus accumbens. Cell Rep 39:110795 (2022). PubMed: 35545050
- Yeung M et al. FG7142, yohimbine, and ßCCE produce anxiogenic-like effects in the elevated plus-maze but do not affect brainstem activated hippocampal theta. Neuropharmacology 75:47-52 (2013). PubMed: 23851259
- Meitzen J et al. ß1-Adrenergic receptors activate two distinct signaling pathways in striatal neurons. J Neurochem 116:984-95 (2011). PubMed: 21143600