Key features and details
- Potent and selective estrogen receptor modulator
- CAS Number: 68047-06-3
- Purity: > 98%
- Soluble in ethanol to 50 mM and in DMSO to 100 mM
- Form / State: Solid
- Source: Synthetic
Product name(Z)-4-Hydroxytamoxifen, estrogen receptor modulator
DescriptionPotent and selective estrogen receptor modulator
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Store under desiccating conditions. The product can be stored for up to 12 months.
Solubility overviewSoluble in ethanol to 50 mM and in DMSO to 100 mM
Wherever possible, you should prepare and use solutions on the same day. However, if you need to make up stock solutions in advance, we recommend that you store the solution as aliquots in tightly sealed vials at -20°C. Generally, these will be useable for up to one month. Before use, and prior to opening the vial we recommend that you allow your product to equilibrate to room temperature for at least 1 hour.
Need more advice on solubility, usage and handling? Please visit our frequently asked questions (FAQ) page for more details.
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Nucleotide metabolism
- Molecular processes
- Mitochondrial transcription
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab141943 has been referenced in 8 publications.
- Sula A et al. A tamoxifen receptor within a voltage-gated sodium channel. Mol Cell 81:1160-1169.e5 (2021). PubMed: 33503406
- Zink J et al. EVL regulates VEGF receptor-2 internalization and signaling in developmental angiogenesis. EMBO Rep 22:e48961 (2021). PubMed: 33512764
- Crawford M et al. Integrin-linked kinase regulates melanosome trafficking and melanin transfer in melanocytes. Mol Biol Cell 31:768-781 (2020). PubMed: 32049584
- Kyprianou C et al. Basement membrane remodelling regulates mouse embryogenesis. Nature 582:253-258 (2020). PubMed: 32523119
- Crawford M et al. Essential Role for Integrin-Linked Kinase in Melanoblast Colonization of the Skin. J Invest Dermatol N/A:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31330146
- Bartels M et al. Iron-mediated aggregation and toxicity in a novel neuronal cell culture model with inducible alpha-synuclein expression. Sci Rep 9:9100 (2019). PubMed: 31235814
- Itkonen HM et al. High OGT activity is essential for MYC-driven proliferation of prostate cancer cells. Theranostics 9:2183-2197 (2019). PubMed: 31149037
- Hatzistergos KE et al. cKit+ cardiac progenitors of neural crest origin. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 112:13051-6 (2015). PubMed: 26438843