Product nameHuman VDAC3 knockout HEK-293T cell line
Parental Cell LineHEK293T
Mutation descriptionKnockout achieved by using CRISPR/Cas9, 16 bp deletion in exon 6 and 1 bp insertion in exon 6
Knockout validationSanger Sequencing
Recommended control: Human wild-type HEK293T cell line (ab255449). Please note a wild-type cell line is not automatically included with a knockout cell line order, if required please add recommended wild-type cell line at no additional cost using the code WILDTYPE-TMTK1.
Cryopreservation cell medium: Cell Freezing Medium-DMSO Serum free media, contains 8.7% DMSO in MEM supplemented with methyl cellulose.
Culture medium: DMEM (High Glucose) + 10% FBS
Initial handling guidelines: Upon arrival, the vial should be stored in liquid nitrogen vapor phase and not at -80°C. Storage at -80°C may result in loss of viability.
1. Thaw the vial in 37°C water bath for approximately 1-2 minutes.
2. Transfer the cell suspension (0.8 mL) to a 15 mL/50 mL conical sterile polypropylene centrifuge tube containing 8.4 mL pre-warmed culture medium, wash vial with an additional 0.8 mL culture medium (total volume 10 mL) to collect remaining cells, and centrifuge at 201 x g (rcf) for 5 minutes at room temperature. 10 mL represents minimum recommended dilution. 20 mL represents maximum recommended dilution.
3. Resuspend the cell pellet in 5 mL pre-warmed culture medium and count using a haemocytometer or alternative cell counting method. Based on cell count, seed cells in an appropriate cell culture flask at a density of 2x104 cells/cm2. Seeding density is given as a guide only and should be scaled to align with individual lab schedules.
4. Incubate the culture at 37°C incubator with 5% CO2. Cultures should be monitored daily.
- All seeding densities should be based on cell counts gained by established methods.
- A guide seeding density of 2x104 cells/cm2 is recommended.
- A partial media change 24 hours prior to subculture may be helpful to encourage growth, if required.
- Cells should be passaged when they have achieved 80-90% confluence.
This product is subject to limited use licenses from The Broad Institute, ERS Genomics Limited and Sigma-Aldrich Co. LLC, and is developed with patented technology. For full details of the licenses and patents please refer to our limited use license and patent pages.
We will provide viable cells that proliferate on revival.
Number of cells1 x 106 cells/vial, 1 mL
STR AnalysisAmelogenin X D5S818: 8, 9 D13S317: 12, 14 D7S820: 11 D16S539: 9, 13 vWA: 16, 19 TH01: 7, 9.3 TPOX: 11 CSF1PO: 11, 12
Storage instructionsShipped on Dry Ice. Store in liquid nitrogen.
Storage bufferConstituents: 8.7% Dimethylsulfoxide, 2% Cellulose, methyl ether
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Energy transfer pathways
- Energy Metabolism
RelevanceThe Voltage-Dependant Anion Channel (VDAC3) of the outer mitochondrial membrane, a small abundant protein found in all eukaryotic kingdoms, forms a voltage-gated pore when incorporated into planar lipid bilayers. VDAC is also the site of binding of the metabolic enzymes hexokinase and glycerol kinase to the mitochondrion in what may be a significant metabolic regulatory interaction. VDAC3 is involved specifically in translocation of adenine nucleotides through the outer membrane.
Cellular localizationMitochondrial outer membrane.
KO cell lysates
ab266066 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.