Product nameHuman wild-type HEK-293T cell line
Parental Cell LineHEK293T
Wild-type cell lines are sold with knockout cell lines only - not available for individual purchase.
Cryopreservation cell medium: Cell Freezing Medium-DMSO Serum free media, contains 8.7% DMSO in MEM supplemented with methyl cellulose.
Culture medium: DMEM (High Glucose) + 10% FBS
Initial handling guidelines: Upon arrival, the vial should be stored in liquid nitrogen vapor phase and not at -80°C. Storage at -80°C may result in loss of viability.
1. Thaw the vial in 37°C water bath for approximately 1-2 minutes.
2. Transfer the cell suspension (0.8 mL) to a 15 mL/50 mL conical sterile polypropylene centrifuge tube containing 8.4 mL pre-warmed culture medium, wash vial with an additional 0.8 mL culture medium (total volume 10 mL) to collect remaining cells, and centrifuge at 201 x g (rcf) for 5 minutes at room temperature. 10 mL represents minimum recommended dilution. 20 mL represents maximum recommended dilution.
3. Resuspend the cell pellet in 5 mL pre-warmed culture medium and count using a haemocytometer or alternative cell counting method. Based on cell count, seed cells in an appropriate cell culture flask at a density of 2x104 cells/cm2. Seeding density is given as a guide only and should be scaled to align with individual lab schedules.
4. Incubate the culture at 37°C incubator with 5% CO2. Cultures should be monitored daily.
- All seeding densities should be based on cell counts gained by established methods.
- A guide seeding density of 2x104 cells/cm2 is recommended.
- A partial media change 24 hours prior to subculture may be helpful to encourage growth, if required.
- Cells should be passaged when they have achieved 80-90% confluence.
Number of cells1 x 106 cells/vial, 1 mL
Storage instructionsShipped on Dry Ice. Store in liquid nitrogen.
Storage bufferConstituents: 8.7% Dimethylsulfoxide, 2% Cellulose, methyl ether
Datasheets and documents
ab255449 has been referenced in 2 publications.
- Hayashi Y et al. N-(4-Hydroxyphenyl) Retinamide Suppresses SARS-CoV-2 Spike Protein-Mediated Cell-Cell Fusion by a Dihydroceramide ?4-Desaturase 1-Independent Mechanism. J Virol 95:e0080721 (2021). PubMed: 34106748
- Ding L et al. Peroxisomal β-oxidation acts as a sensor for intracellular fatty acids and regulates lipolysis. Nat Metab 3:1648-1661 (2021). PubMed: 34903883