Key features and details
- Sample type: Tissue, Whole Blood
Product name10x Red Blood Cell (RBC) Lysis Buffer
Sample typeTissue, Whole Blood
10x Red Blood Cell (RBC) Lysis Buffer (ab204733) provides a quick and efficient method of lysing red blood cells. Human whole blood is composed of 45% red blood cells. Without the removal of red blood cells, it is difficult to analyze the phenotype and function of leukocytes in whole blood. Haemoglobin and other red blood cell contents can also interfere with several chemical assays.
This product is manufactured by BioVision, an Abcam company and was previously called 5831 10X Red Blood Cell Lysis Buffer. 5831-100 is the same size as the 100 ml size of ab204733.
10x Red Blood Cell (RBC) Lysis Buffer uses ammonium chloride method to lyse red blood cells without affecting leukocytes, normal tissue, or tumor cells.
ab204733 has been referenced in 8 publications.
- Gangoso E et al. Glioblastomas acquire myeloid-affiliated transcriptional programs via epigenetic immunoediting to elicit immune evasion. Cell 184:2454-2470.e26 (2021). PubMed: 33857425
- Abdullah Alqahtani N et al. Bone Marrow Mesenchymal Stromal Cells (BMMSCs) Augment Osteointegration of Dental Implants in Type 1 Diabetic Rabbits: An X-Ray Micro-Computed Tomographic Evaluation. Medicina (Kaunas) 56:N/A (2020). PubMed: 32218375
- Xu H et al. High expression of ACE2 receptor of 2019-nCoV on the epithelial cells of oral mucosa. Int J Oral Sci 12:8 (2020). PubMed: 32094336
- van Eijkeren RJ et al. Cytokine Output of Adipocyte-iNKT Cell Interplay Is Skewed by a Lipid-Rich Microenvironment. Front Endocrinol (Lausanne) 11:479 (2020). PubMed: 32849273
- Kaiser T & Feng G Tmem119-EGFP and Tmem119-CreERT2 Transgenic Mice for Labeling and Manipulating Microglia. eNeuro 6:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31371457
- Rahimi Esboei B et al. Evaluation of RE and B1 Genes as Targets for Detection of Toxoplasma gondii by Nested PCR in Blood Samples of Patients with Ocular Toxoplasmosis. Acta Parasitol N/A:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31020496
- Wang X et al. Effects of endometrial stem cell transplantation combined with estrogen in the repair of endometrial injury. Oncol Lett 16:1115-1122 (2018). PubMed: 29963188
- Zou Y et al. Characteristic expression and significance of CCL19 in different tissue types in chronic rhinosinusitis. Exp Ther Med 11:140-146 (2016). WB . PubMed: 26889230