BCA protein assay kit reducing agent compatible (microplate) (ab207003)
Key features and details
- Detection method: Colorimetric
- Platform: Microplate reader
- Sample type: Cell Lysate, Purified protein, Tissue Lysate
Product nameBCA protein assay kit reducing agent compatible (microplate)
See all BCA Protein kits
Sample typeCell Lysate, Purified protein, Tissue Lysate
Abcam’s BCA protein assay kit reducing agent compatible (microplate) (ab207003) measures total protein concentration of pure proteins, extracts or lysates in the presence of reducing agents.
Unlike the majority of protein assay kits, ab207003 is compatible with strong reducing agents such as TCEP up to 20 mM, DTT up to 10 mM and β-mercaptoethanol up to 35 mM. This kit is based on the chelation of bicinchoninic acid (BCA) with the cuprous cation (Cu1+), which is generated by reduction of cupric cation (Cu2+) by the protein in alkaline conditions. The assay is linear over a wide range of protein concentrations (25-2000 μg/mL). The kit also includes Bovine Serum Albumin (BSA) as a reference protein standard. The kit has been formatted for microplate-based protein assays.
Support on how to determine protein concentration can be found here.
This product is manufactured by BioVision, an Abcam company and was previously called K818 BCA Protein Assay Kit - Reducing Agent Compatible. K818-1000 is the same size as the 1000 test size of ab207003.
Storage instructionsStore at room temperature. Please refer to protocols.
Components 1000 tests BCA Reagent A 1 x 200ml BCA Reagent B 1 x 20ml Blocking Reagent 20 vials Blocking Reagent Buffer 1 x 20ml BSA 10 x 1ml
RelevanceThe BCA Protein assay (or Smith assay) is a biochemical assay for determining the total level of protein in a solution. The total protein concentration is determined by measuring the color change of the sample solution from green to purple which is proportional to the protein concentration.
- Bicinchoninic acid
- Bicinchoninic acid protein
Standard curves for BSA containing blocking reagent in the presence and absence of 10 mM DTT obtained using ab207003.
Standard curves for BSA containing blocking reagent in the presence and absence of 20 mM TCEP. Generated using ab207003.
Standard curves for BSA containing blocking reagent in the presence and absence of 35 mM β-mercaptoethanol (BME). Generated using ab207003.
Datasheets and documents
ab207003 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- Chen IC et al. Angiotensin-Converting Enzyme 2 Activator Ameliorates Severe Pulmonary Hypertension in a Rat Model of Left Pneumonectomy Combined With VEGF Inhibition. Front Med (Lausanne) 8:619133 (2021). PubMed: 33681251
- Fu C et al. Mussel-Inspired Gold Nanoparticle and PLGA/L-Lysine-g-Graphene Oxide Composite Scaffolds for Bone Defect Repair. Int J Nanomedicine 16:6693-6718 (2021). PubMed: 34621123
- Jacobs JA & Sehgal A Anandamide Metabolites Protect against Seizures through the TRP Channel Water Witch in Drosophila melanogaster. Cell Rep 31:107710 (2020). PubMed: 32492422
- Zhang G et al. Neuroprotective Effect of Astragalus Polysacharin on Streptozotocin (STZ)-Induced Diabetic Rats. Med Sci Monit 25:135-141 (2019). PubMed: 30610831
- Huang J et al. HMGB1 Mediates Autophagy Dysfunction via Perturbing Beclin1-Vps34 Complex in Dopaminergic Cell Model. Front Mol Neurosci 10:13 (2017). PubMed: 28197072