Key features and details
- Detection method: Colorimetric
- Platform: Microplate reader
- Assay time: 2 hr 30 min
- Sample type: Adherent cells, Suspension cells, Tissue
- Sensitivity: 2 ng
Product nameHistone H3 Total Acetylation Detection Fast Kit (Colorimetric)
See all Histone H3 acetylation kits
Sample typeTissue, Adherent cells, Suspension cells
Range2 ng - 100 ng
Assay time2h 30m
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Predicted to work with: Mammals
Acetylation of histones such histone H3 has been involved in the regulation of chromatin structure and the recruitment of transcription factors to gene promoters. HATs (histone acetyltransferases) and HDACs (histone deacetylases) play a critical role in controlling histone H3 actylation. Histone acetylation is tightly involved in cell cycle regulation, cell proliferation and apoptosis. The reversible lysine acetylation of histone H3 may play a vital role in the regulation of many cellular processes including chromatin dynamics and transcription, gene silencing, cell cycle progression, apoptosis, differentiation, DNA replication and repair, nuclear import and neuronal repression.
Histone H3 Total Acetylation Detection Fast Kit (Colorimetric) allows the user to colorimetrically detect and quantify if histone H3 is acetylated. The kit is ready-to-use and provides all the essential components needed to carry out a successful assay experiment. ab115124 is suitable for specifically measuring total histone H3 acetylation using a variety of mammalian cells including fresh and frozen tissues, and cultured adherent and suspension cells.
Storage instructionsPlease refer to protocols.
Components Identifier 48 tests 96 tests 10X Wash Buffer 1 x 10ml 1 x 20ml 8-Well Sample Strips (with Frame) 4 units 9 units 8-Well Standard Control Strips Green Ringed 2 units 3 units Antibody Buffer 1 x 6ml 1 x 12ml Color Developer 1 x 5ml 1 x 10ml Detection Antibody, 1 mg/ml 1 x 5µl 1 x 10µl Standard Control (100 µg/ml) 1 x 10µl 1 x 20µl Stop Solution 1 x 3ml 1 x 6ml
The differences in H3 acetylation level in fetal livers (female fetuses aged 19 dpc) from F1, F2, and F3 generations. measured with ab113476. Histones were prepared using ab115124
Asterisk indicate a significant difference between the respective C and R groups: ∗∗ P < 0.01; NS not significant. Data presented as the means ± SE (n = 6 per group).
Acetylation Histone 3 per mg of extracted histones from murine tissue preparations (extracted using ab113476; 20-500 ng per well) (duplicates +/- SD).
Standard curve with background signal subtracted (duplicates; +/- SD).
ab115124 has been referenced in 7 publications.
- Moronczyk J et al. Insights into the Histone Acetylation-Mediated Regulation of the Transcription Factor Genes That Control the Embryogenic Transition in the Somatic Cells of Arabidopsis. Cells 11:N/A (2022). PubMed: 35269485
- Casati L et al. Food for Bone: Evidence for a Role for Delta-Tocotrienol in the Physiological Control of Osteoblast Migration. Int J Mol Sci 21:N/A (2020). PubMed: 32629979
- Zhao B et al. The BET-bromodomain inhibitor JQ1 mitigates vemurafenib drug resistance in melanoma. Melanoma Res 28:521-526 (2018). PubMed: 30192303
- Nowacka-Woszuk J et al. Transgenerational effects of prenatal restricted diet on gene expression and histone modifications in the rat. PLoS One 13:e0193464 (2018). PubMed: 29474484
- Zhang D et al. miR-185 mediates lung epithelial cell death after oxidative stress. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 310:L700-10 (2016). PubMed: 26747785
- Kocic G et al. Global and specific histone acetylation pattern in patients with Balkan endemic nephropathy, a worldwide disease. Ren Fail 36:1078-82 (2014). Functional Studies ; Human . PubMed: 24845033
- Dong G et al. Feeding a high-concentrate corn straw diet induced epigenetic alterations in the mammary tissue of dairy cows. PLoS One 9:e107659 (2014). Functional Studies ; Cow . PubMed: 25222274