Histone H3 Total Quantification Kit (Colorimetric) (ab115091)
Key features and details
- Detection method: Colorimetric
- Platform: Microplate reader
- Assay time: 2 hr 30 min
- Sample type: Adherent cells, Suspension cells, Tissue
- Sensitivity: 10 ng/well
Product nameHistone H3 Total Quantification Kit (Colorimetric)
See all Histone H3 kits
Sample typeTissue, Adherent cells, Suspension cells
Range20 ng/well - 1000 ng/well
Assay time2h 30m
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Predicted to work with: Mammals
Histone H3 Total Quantification Kit (Colorimetric) (ab115091) enables the user to quantify levels of histone H3 proteins independent of their modified states. It can also be used for normalizing the modified histone H3 content of samples when run in parallel with Abcam's histone modification quantification kit series. ab115091 is suitable for specifically measuring total histone H3 on mammalian samples such as human, mouse, and rat, including fresh and frozen tissues and cultured adherent and suspension cells.
Histone H3 can undergo several epigenetic modifications that influence cellular processes such as transcription activation/inactivation, chromosome packaging, and DNA damage/repair. These modifications including acetylation, phosphorylation or methylation occur on the N-terminal tail domains of histone H3 through a variety of histone modifying enzymes. In most species, histone H3 is primarily acetylated at K9, K14, K18, K23 and K56, methylated at K4, K9, K27, K36 and K79, and phosphorylated at S10, S28, T3 and T11, respectively.
Storage instructionsPlease refer to protocols.
Components Identifier 48 tests 96 tests 10X Wash Buffer 1 x 10ml 1 x 20ml 8-Well Sample Strip (with Frame) 4 units 9 units 8-Well Standard Control Strips Green Ringed 2 units 3 units Antibody Buffer 1 x 6ml 1 x 12ml Color Developer 1 x 5ml 1 x 10ml Detection Antibody, 1 mg/mL 1 x 5µl 1 x 10µl Standard Control, 100 µg/mL 1 x 10µl 1 x 20µl Stop Solution 1 x 3ml 1 x 6ml
RelevanceCore component of nucleosome. Nucleosomes wrap and compact DNA into chromatin, limiting DNA accessibility to the cellular machineries which require DNA as a template. Histones thereby play a central role in transcription regulation, DNA repair, DNA replication and chromosomal stability. DNA accessibility is regulated via a complex set of post-translational modifications of histones, also called histone code, and nucleosome remodeling.
Cellular localizationNucleus. Chromosome.
- Entrez Gene: 8350 Human
- Entrez Gene: 8351 Human
- Entrez Gene: 8352 Human
- Entrez Gene: 8353 Human
- Entrez Gene: 8354 Human
- Entrez Gene: 8355 Human
- Entrez Gene: 8356 Human
- Entrez Gene: 8357 Human
- Histone H3 (di-methyl K4) Quantification Kit (Colorimetric) (ab115052)
- Histone H3 (di-methyl K4) Quantification Kit (Fluorometric) (ab115053)
- Histone H3 (mono-methyl K4) Quantification Kit (Colorimetric) (ab115054)
- Histone H3 (mono-methyl K4) Quantification Kit (Fluorometric) (ab115055)
- Histone H3 (tri-methyl K4) Quantification Kit (Colorimetric) (ab115056)
- Histone H3 (tri-methyl K4) Quantification Kit (Fluorometric) (ab115057)
- Histone H3 (pan-methyl K4) Quantification Kit (Colorimetric) (ab115058)
- Histone H3 (pan-methyl K4) Quantification Kit (Fluorometric) (ab115059)
- Histone H3 Total Quantification Kit (Fluorometric) (ab115092)
Datasheets and documents
ab115091 has been referenced in 1 publication.
- Chen Y et al. Remodeling of the H3 nucleosomal landscape during mouse aging. Transl Med Aging 4:22-31 (2020). PubMed: 32462102