Key features and details
- Detection method: Fluorescent
- Platform: Microplate reader
- Assay time: 2 hr 30 min
- Sample type: Adherent cells, Suspension cells, Tissue
- Sensitivity: 0.4 ng/well
Product nameHistone H4 Total Acetylation Assay Kit (Fluorometric)
See all Histone H4 acetylation kits
Sample typeTissue, Adherent cells, Suspension cells
Sensitivity> 0.4 ng/well
Range5 ng/well - 2000 ng/well
Assay time2h 30m
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Predicted to work with: Mammals
Acetylation of histones such histone H4 has been involved in the regulation of chromatin structure and the recruitment of transcription factors to gene promoters. HATs (histone acetyltransferases) and HDACs (histone deacetylases) play a critical role in controlling histone H4 actylation. Reversible acetylation of nucleosomal histone H4 is believed to correlate with potential transcriptional activity of eukaryotic chromatin domains. The reversible lysine acetylation of histone H4 may play a vital role in the regulation of many cellular processes including chromatin dynamics and transcription, gene silencing, cell cycle progression, apoptosis, differentiation, DNA replication and repair, nuclear import and neuronal repression.
ab131562 enables the user to fluorometrically detect and quantify if histone H4 is acetylated. The kit is ready-to-use and provides all the essential components needed to carry out a successful assay experiment. ab131562 is suitable for specifically measuring total histone H4 acetylation using a variety of mammalian cells including fresh and frozen tissues, and cultured adherent and suspension cells.
Storage instructionsPlease refer to protocols.
Components Identifier 48 tests 96 tests 10X Wash Buffer 1 x 10ml 1 x 20ml 8-Well Assay Strips (with Frame) 4 units 9 units 8-Well Standard Control Strips Green Ringed 2 units 3 units Antibody Buffer 1 x 6ml 1 x 12ml Detection Antibody, 1 mg/mL 1 x 5µl 1 x 10µl Fluoro Developer 1 x 12µl 1 x 24µl Fluoro Dilution 1 x 4ml 1 x 8ml Fluoro Enhancer 1 x 12µl 1 x 24µl Signal enhancer 1 x 120µl 1 x 240µl Signal report solution 1 x 5µl 1 x 10µl Standard Control (100 µg/mL) 1 x 10µl 1 x 20µl
- Histone H4 (acetyl K5) Quantification Kit (Colorimetric) (ab115116)
- Histone H4 (acetyl K5) Quantification Kit (Fluorometric) (ab115117)
- Histone H4 (acetyl K8) Quantification Kit (Colorimetric) (ab115118)
- Histone H4 (acetyl K8) Quantification Kit (Fluorometric) (ab115119)
- Histone H4 (acetyl K16) Quantification Kit (Colorimetric) (ab115120)
- Histone H4 (acetyl K16) Quantification Kit (Fluorometric) (ab115121)
- Histone H4 (acetyl K12) Quantification Kit (Colorimetric) (ab115122)
- Histone H4 (acetyl K12) Quantification Kit (Fluorometric) (ab115123)
- Histone H3 Total Acetylation Detection Fast Kit (Colorimetric) (ab115124)
- Histone H4 Total Acetylation Assay Kit (Colorimetric) (ab115125)
ab131562 has been referenced in 3 publications.
- Roy S et al. Phloroglucinol Treatment Induces Transgenerational Epigenetic Inherited Resistance Against Vibrio Infections and Thermal Stress in a Brine Shrimp (Artemia franciscana) Model. Front Immunol 10:2745 (2019). PubMed: 31827471
- Pestana JL et al. Non-lethal heat shock increases tolerance to metal exposure in brine shrimp. Environ Res 151:663-670 (2016). PubMed: 27619211
- Norouzitallab P et al. Probing the phenomenon of trained immunity in invertebrates during a transgenerational study, using brine shrimp Artemia as a model system. Sci Rep 6:21166 (2016). PubMed: 26876951