Key features and details
- Assay type: Cell-based (qualitative)
- Platform: Fluorescence microscope
- Sample type: Adherent cells, Suspension cells
Product namePhalloidin-iFluor 488 Reagent
See all F-actin kits
Sample typeAdherent cells, Suspension cells
Assay typeCell-based (qualitative)
Phalloidin-iFluor 488 Reagent ab176753 is one of a series of phalloidin conjugates that bind to actin filaments, also known as F-actin. The iFluor 488 dye can be easily detected with a fluorescent microscope at Ex/Em = 493/517 nm.
Our phalloidin conjugates are convenient probes for labeling, identifying and quantifying animal or plant actin filaments in formaldehyde-fixed and permeabilized tissue sections, cell cultures or cell-free experiments. They can also be used with paraffin-embedded samples that have been de-paraffinized.
Review other popular phalloidin dye conjugates, including Phalloidin-iFluor 647, Phalloidin-iFluor 594, Phalloidin-iFluor 555, and Rhodamine Phalloidin, search the website to see all phallodin conjugates, or read the phalloidin staining protocol.
Staining fixed cell or tissue samples with phalloidin conjugates is very simple; it requires a single 20-90 min incubation with the phalloidin, followed by 3 short wash steps. Phalloidin staining can be combined with antibody-based staining by adding the phalloidin conjugate during either the primary or secondary antibody incubation step.
When used in unfixed samples, phalloidin binding leads to a decrease in the disassociation rate of actin subunits from the ends of actin filaments, essentially stabilizing actin filaments through the prevention of filament depolymerisation.
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 300 tests Phalloidin-iFluor 488 Conjugate 1 x 300 tests
- actin filament
- f actin
- Filamentous actin
Ab176753 at 1/1000 dilution in PBS whole mount Immunofluorescence of Mouse inner ear sensory epithelia. Tissue was incubated for 2 hours at room temperature.
Macrophage J774A.1 cell line stained with Phalloidin 488 and DAPI nuclear counterstaining.
Actin filaments staining in HeLa cells. Actin filaments (green) were stained with CytoPainter Phalloidin-iFluor 488 reagent (ab176753); tubulin filaments were stained with a mouse anti-tubulin antibody/goat anti-mouse IgG (red). Nuclei were stained with Hoechst 33342.
Excitation and emission spectra of phalloidin-iFluor 488 reagent.
ab176753 has been referenced in 215 publications.
- Yuan X et al. Reciprocal interaction between vascular niche and sweat gland promotes sweat gland regeneration. Bioact Mater 21:340-357 (2023). PubMed: 36185745
- Viloria K et al. GC-Globulin/Vitamin D-Binding Protein Is Required for Pancreatic α-Cell Adaptation to Metabolic Stress. Diabetes 72:275-289 (2023). PubMed: 36445949
- Samant RS et al. Native Size-Exclusion Chromatography-Based Mass Spectrometry Reveals New Components of the Early Heat Shock Protein 90 Inhibition Response Among Limited Global Changes. Mol Cell Proteomics 22:100485 (2023). PubMed: 36549590
- Hang PZ et al. Small-molecule 7,8-dihydroxyflavone counteracts compensated and decompensated cardiac hypertrophy via AMPK activation. J Geriatr Cardiol 19:853-866 (2022). PubMed: 36561053
- Xiong H et al. Easily attainable and low immunogenic stem cells from exfoliated deciduous teeth enhanced the in vivo bone regeneration ability of gelatin/bioactive glass microsphere composite scaffolds. Front Bioeng Biotechnol 10:1049626 (2022). PubMed: 36568292