Phalloidin-iFluor 555 Reagent (ab176756)
Key features and details
- Assay type: Cell-based (qualitative)
- Platform: Fluorescence microscope
- Sample type: Adherent cells, Suspension cells
Product namePhalloidin-iFluor 555 Reagent
See all F-actin kits
Sample typeAdherent cells, Suspension cells
Assay typeCell-based (qualitative)
Phalloidin-iFluor 555 Reagent (ab176756) is one of a series of phalloidin conjugates that bind to actin filaments, also known as F-actin. Phallodin-iFluor 555 can be detected with a fluorescent microscope at Ex/Em = 556/574 nm.
Phalloidin conjugates are convenient probes for labeling, identifying and quantifying animal or plant actin filaments in formaldehyde-fixed and permeabilized tissue sections, cell cultures or cell-free experiments. They can also be used in paraffin-embedded samples that have been de-paraffinized.
Review other popular phalloidin dye conjugates, including Phalloidin-iFluor 488, Phalloidin-iFluor 647, Phalloidin-iFluor 594, and Rhodamine Phalloidin, search the website to see all phallodin conjugates, or read the phalloidin staining protocol.
Staining fixed cell or tissue samples with phalloidin conjugates is very simple; it requires a single 20-90 min incubation with the phalloidin, followed by 3 short wash steps. Phalloidin staining can be combined with antibody-based staining by adding the phalloidin conjugate during either the primary or secondary antibody incubation step.
When used in unfixed samples, phalloidin binding leads to a decrease in the disassociation rate of actin subunits from the ends of actin filaments, essentially stabilizing actin filaments through the prevention of filament depolymerisation.
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 300 tests Phalloidin-iFluor 555 Conjugate 1 x 300 tests
- actin filament
- f actin
- Filamentous actin
Immunofluorescent images of Phalloidin staining at day 3 across various surface thicknesses. Red fluorescence indicates phalloidin staining for F-actin and blue fluorescence indicates DAPI staining for cell nuclei.
Actin filaments staining in HeLa cells. Actin filaments (red) were stained with CytoPainter Phalloidin-iFluor 555 reagent (ab176755). Nuclei were stained with Nuclear Green DCS1 (ab138905).
Excitation and emission of phalloidin-iFluor 555 reagent.
Datasheets and documents
ab176756 has been referenced in 53 publications.
- Patel A et al. Cytonemes coordinate asymmetric signaling and organization in the Drosophila muscle progenitor niche. Nat Commun 13:1185 (2022). PubMed: 35246530
- Ma Y et al. Potential mechanisms of osteoprotegerin-induced damage to osteoclast adhesion structures via P2X7R-mediated MAPK signaling. Int J Mol Med 49:N/A (2022). PubMed: 35266010
- Behrana Jensen V et al. Pathology in Practice. J Am Vet Med Assoc 259:1-4 (2022). PubMed: 35349477
- Lu W et al. Salubrinal Protects Against Cisplatin-Induced Cochlear Hair Cell Endoplasmic Reticulum Stress by Regulating Eukaryotic Translation Initiation Factor 2a Signalling. Front Mol Neurosci 15:916458 (2022). PubMed: 35706425
- Faber MN et al. Development of Bovine Gastric Organoids as a Novel In Vitro Model to Study Host-Parasite Interactions in Gastrointestinal Nematode Infections. Front Cell Infect Microbiol 12:904606 (2022). PubMed: 35846775