Phalloidin-iFluor 647 Reagent (ab176759)
Key features and details
- Assay type: Cell-based (qualitative)
- Platform: Fluorescence microscope
- Sample type: Adherent cells, Suspension cells
Product namePhalloidin-iFluor 647 Reagent
See all F-actin kits
Sample typeAdherent cells, Suspension cells
Assay typeCell-based (qualitative)
Phalloidin-iFluor 647 Reagent (ab176759) is one of a series of phalloidin conjugates that bind to actin filaments, also known as F-actin. Phalloidin-iFluor 647 can be detected with a fluorescent microscope at Ex/Em = 650/665 nm.
Phalloidin conjugates are convenient probes for labeling, identifying and quantifying animal or plant actin filaments in formaldehyde-fixed and permeabilized tissue sections, cell cultures or cell-free experiments. They can also be used in paraffin-embedded samples that have been de-paraffinized.
Review other popular phalloidin dye conjugates, including Phalloidin-iFluor 488, Phalloidin-iFluor 594, Phalloidin-iFluor 555, and Rhodamine Phalloidin, search the website to see all phallodin conjugates, or read the phalloidin staining protocol.
Staining fixed cell or tissue samples with phalloidin conjugates is very simple; it requires a single 20-90 min incubation with the phalloidin, followed by 3 short wash steps. Phalloidin staining can be combined with antibody-based staining by adding the phalloidin conjugate during either the primary or secondary antibody incubation step.
When used in unfixed samples, phalloidin binding leads to a decrease in the disassociation rate of actin subunits from the ends of actin filaments, essentially stabilizing actin filaments through the prevention of filament depolymerisation.
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 300 tests Phalloidin-iFluor 647 Conjugate 1 x 300 tests
- actin filament
- f actin
- Filamentous actin
Fluorescence microscopy (FM) image of laminin-1 and actin (phalloidin) staining.
Actin filaments staining in HeLa cells. Actin filaments (red) were stained with CytoPainter Phalloidin-iFluor 647 reagent (ab176759). Nuclei were stained with DAPI (blue).
Excitation and emission spectra of phalloidin-iFluor 647 reagent.
Datasheets and documents
ab176759 has been referenced in 76 publications.
- Pinto AL et al. Ultrastructural insight into SARS-CoV-2 entry and budding in human airway epithelium. Nat Commun 13:1609 (2022). PubMed: 35338134
- Tejeda-Muñoz N et al. Canonical Wnt signaling induces focal adhesion and Integrin beta-1 endocytosis. iScience 25:104123 (2022). PubMed: 35402867
- Lim J et al. Piezoelectric effect stimulates the rearrangement of chondrogenic cells and alters ciliary orientation via atypical PKC?. Biochem Biophys Rep 30:101265 (2022). PubMed: 35540436
- Denizot AL et al. Cyclic fertilin-derived peptide stimulates in vitro human embryo development. F S Sci 3:49-63 (2022). PubMed: 35559995
- M'Bana V et al. Plasmodium parasitophorous vacuole membrane-resident protein UIS4 manipulates host cell actin to avoid parasite elimination. iScience 25:104281 (2022). PubMed: 35573190