Key features and details
- Assay type: Cell-based (qualitative)
- Detection method: Fluorescent
- Platform: Fluorescence microscope
- Sample type: Adherent cells, Suspension cells
Product nameRhodamine Phalloidin Reagent
See all F-actin kits
Sample typeAdherent cells, Suspension cells
Assay typeCell-based (qualitative)
Rhodamine Phalloidin Reagent ab235138 is one of a series of phalloidin conjugates that are used to stain actin filaments in fluoresence microscopy. The tetramethyl rhodamine dye can be easily detected with a fluorescent microscope at Ex/Em = 546/575 nm.
Phalloidin conjugates are convenient probes for labeling, identifying and quantitating animal or plant actin filaments in formaldehyde-fixed and permeabilized tissue sections, cell cultures or cell-free experiments.
Review other popular phalloidin dye conjugates, including Phalloidin-iFluor 488, Phalloidin-iFluor 647, Phalloidin-iFluor 594, and Phalloidin-iFluor 555, search the website to see all phallodin conjugates, or read the phalloidin staining protocol.
Staining fixed cell or tissue samples with phalloidin conjugates is very simple; it requires a single 20-90 min incubation with the phalloidin, followed by 3 short wash steps. Phalloidin staining can be combined with antibody-based staining by adding the phalloidin conjugate during either the primary or secondary antibody incubation step.
When used in unfixed samples, phalloidin binding leads to a decrease in the disassociation rate of actin subunits from the ends of actin filaments, essentially stabilizing actin filaments through the prevention of filament depolymerisation.
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 300 tests Rhodamine Phalloidin Conjugate 1 x 300 tests
- actin filament
- f actin
- Filamentous actin
ab235138 has been referenced in 23 publications.
- Hitschler L & Lang T The transmembrane domain of the amyloid precursor protein is required for antiamyloidogenic processing by a-secretase ADAM10. J Biol Chem 298:101911 (2022). PubMed: 35398353
- Liu JF et al. IL-8 Is Upregulated in the Tissue-Derived EVs of Odontogenic Keratocysts. Biomed Res Int 2022:9453270 (2022). PubMed: 35941973
- Ivanova EL et al. CD44 expressed by myeloid cells promotes glioma invasion. Front Oncol 12:969787 (2022). PubMed: 35992852
- Marona P et al. Resistance to tyrosine kinase inhibitors promotes renal cancer progression through MCPIP1 tumor-suppressor downregulation and c-Met activation. Cell Death Dis 13:814 (2022). PubMed: 36138026
- Pesch YY et al. Gap junctions mediate discrete regulatory steps during fly spermatogenesis. PLoS Genet 18:e1010417 (2022). PubMed: 36174062