BSA Removal Kit - Nanoparticles (ab204912)
Product nameBSA Removal Kit - Nanoparticles
Our BSA Removal Kit - Nanoparticles (ab204912) is a simple one-step, 10 minute method that effectively separates BSA from the antibody. If necessary, the antibody may then be transferred to a buffer more suited to nanoparticle conjugation. The BSA Removal Kit - Nanoparticles can be used on any antibody sub-type and species. Bovine Serum Albumin (BSA) is often added as a stabilizer to purified antibodies. However, the presence of BSA is not suitable for all antibody applications. For example, during antibody labelling reactions, BSA in the antibody formulation directly competes with the antibody, greatly reducing the conjugation efficiency. It is therefore essential to remove BSA prior to antibody labelling techniques. Common commercial BSA removal techniques can involve many laborious steps.
The BSA Removal Kit can separate BSA from antibody solutions with antibody concentrations from 0.03 mg/mL to 10 mg/mL. Separation is more efficient at higher antibody concentrations. BSA can be effectively separated when present at concentrations of up to 0.5%. If BSA is present at higher concentrations, dilute the antibody mix with de-ionised, distilled water until the BSA concentration is 0.5% or less. 50 µg of antibody is the lower limit for seeing a clearly visible pellet.
Antibodies purified using the BSA Removal Kit - Nanoparticles are fully compatible with our Gold, Magnetic, Latex and Europium conjugation kits (available separately). The BSA Removal Kit can be used on any antibody sub-type, and species. To remove BSA from antibodies prior to conjugation with our other conjugation kits, we recommend using our BSA removal kit (ab173231).
- The BSA Removal Kit can separate BSA from antibody solutions with antibody concentrations from 0.03 mg/mL to 10 mg/mL Separation is more efficient at higher antibody concentrations. 50 µg of antibody is the lower limit for seeing a clearly visible pellet.
- BSA can be effectively separated when present at concentrations of up to 0.5%. If BSA is present at higher concentrations, dilute the antibody mix with de-ionized, distilled water until BSA concentration is 0.5% or less. Alternatively, if BSA is over a 0.5%, two or more runs may need to be performed to completely remove BSA.
- Glycerol concentration must not exceed 20%.
- The components of the removal buffer may precipitate at low temperatures. Gently warming the solution should allow solubilisation. Any undissolved crystals should be spun down by brief centrifugation, and the supernatant should be used for the BSA removal.
This product is manufactured by Expedeon, an Abcam company, and has previously been called AbPure™ BSA Removal Kit and GOLD BSA removal kit. 263-0100 is the same as the 1 mL size.
Storage instructionsStore at +4°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 1 ml ab273962 - BSA Removal Buffer 1 x 1ml ab273963 - Re-suspension Buffer 1 x 500µl
Datasheets and documents
ab204912 has been referenced in 1 publication.
- Donato C et al. Mass spectrometry analysis of circulating breast cancer cells from a Xenograft mouse model. STAR Protoc 2:100480 (2021). PubMed: 33982014