Texas Red® Conjugation Kit (Fast) - Lightning-Link® (ab195225)
Product nameTexas Red® Conjugation Kit (Fast) - Lightning-Link®
Texas Red® Conjugation Kit / Texas Red Labeling Kit ab195225 uses a simple and quick process for Texas Red® labeling / conjugation of antibodies. It can also be used to conjugate other proteins or peptides. Learn about our antibody labeling kits and their advantages.
To conjugate an antibody to Texas Red® using this kit:
- add modifier to antibody and incubate for 15 mins
- add quencher and incubate for 5 mins
The Texas Red conjugated antibody can be used immediately in WB, ELISA, IHC etc. No further purification is required and 100% of the antibody is recovered for use.
Learn about buffer compatibility below; for incompatible buffers and low antibody concentrations, use our rapid antibody purification and concentration kits. Use the FAQ to learn more about the technology, or about conjugating other proteins and peptides to Texas Red®.
Custom size conjugation kits up to 100 mg are available on demand. Please contact us to discuss your requirements.
This product is manufactured by Expedeon, an Abcam company, and was previously called Lightning-Link® Rapid Texas Red® Labeling Kit. 315-0005 is the same as the 100 ug size. 315-0010 is the same as the 3 x 100 ug size. 315-0030 is the same as the 3 x 10 ug size. 315-0015 is the same as the 1 mg size.
Amount and volume of antibody for conjugation to Texas Red®
Kit size Recommended
amount of antibody1
amount of antibody
3 x 10 µg 3 x 10 µg 3 x 20 µg 3 x 10 µL 100 µg 1 x 100 µg 1 x 200 µg 1 x 100 µL 3 x 100 µg 3 x 100 µg 3 x 200 µg 3 x 100 µL 1 mg 1 x 1 mg 1 x 2 mg 1 x 1 mL
1 Using the maximum amount of antibody may result in less labelling per antibody.
2 Ideal antibody concentration is 1mg/ml. 0.5 - 1 mg/ml can be used if the maximum antibody volume is not exceeded. Antibodies > 2 mg/ml or < 0.5 mg/ml should be diluted /concentrated.
Buffer Requirements for Conjugation
Buffer should be pH 6.5-8.5.
Compatible buffer constituents
If a concentration is shown, then the constituent should be no more than the concentration shown. If several constituents are close to the limit of acceptable concentration, then this can inhibit conjugation.
50mM / 0.6% Tris1 0.1% BSA2 50% glycerol 0.1% sodium azide PBS Potassium phosphate Sodium chloride HEPES Sucrose Sodium citrate EDTA Trehalose
1 Tris buffered saline is almost always ≤ 50 mM / 0.6%
2 BSA can also interfere with the use of the conjugated antibody in tissue staining.
Incompatible buffer constituents
Thiomerosal Proclin Glycine Arginine Glutathione DTT
If a constituent of the buffer containing your antibody or protein is not listed above, please check the FAQ or contact us.
Only purified antibodies are suitable for use, ie. where other proteins, peptides, or amino acids are not present: antibodies in ascites fluid, serum or hybridoma culture media are incompatible.
Storing and handling conjugation kits
Lyophilized Lightning-Link® components are hygroscopic.
Kits are intentionally shipped at ambient temperature with silica gel to avoid exposure to moisture. Upon receipt, store the kit frozen and protect from moisture. Before opening the outer container, allow the lyophilized components to reach room temperature to minimize condensation.
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 1 mg 100 µg 3 x 10 µg 3 x 100 µg ab273994 - Modifier reagent 1 x 200µl 1 x 200µl 1 x 200µl 1 x 200µl ab273995 - Quencher reagent 1 x 200µl 1 x 200µl 1 x 200µl 1 x 200µl ab274004 - Texas Red Conjugation Mix 1 x 1mg 1 x 100µg 3 x 10µg 3 x 100µg
- Sulforhodamine 101 acid chloride
- Antibody Concentration And Clean-Up Kit (ab102778)
- Antibody Purification Kit (Protein A) (ab102784)
- TCS Antibody Purification Kit (ab109207)
- Serum Antibody Purification Kit (Protein A) (ab109209)
- Mouse Antibody Purification Kit (ab128745)
- Mouse TCS Antibody Purification Kit (ab128749)
- BSA Removal Kit (ab173231)
Guerrero-Arguero, Israel, et al used Texas Red® Conjugation Kit (Fast) - Lightning-Link® (ab195225) as part of examining the rate of productive Chikungunya virus (CHIKV) replication via flow cytometry. They used the kit to conjugate Texas Red® to anti-Chikungunya E1 glycoprotein antibody for use in flow cytometry.
PMA-differentiated U937 and RAW264.7 cells display CHIKV envelope proteins at 6 hpi. PMA = phorbol 12-mystrate 13-acetate
PMA-differentiated U937 and RAW264.7 macrophages were exposed for 2 hours to CHIKV and then fixed and assayed at 8 hpi using flow cytometry and an anti-E1 protein fluorophore-conjugated monoclonal antibody. Data show mean values of three independent experiments with a total of n = 9, MOI = 1. Statistical significance was determined using multiple t-test corrected using Holm-Sidak method. *P<0.05; NS, not significant.
Wills, Jonathan, et al used Texas Red® Conjugation Kit (Fast) - Lightning-Link® (ab195225) as part of examining the aggregation and co-localization of ?-Syn with pGSK-3? and p-Tau in the striatum of A53T α-Syn mutant mice (A53T Tg) and wild-type mice (WT). They used the kit to conjugate Texas Red® to anti-α-Syn antibody for use in immunohistochemistry (PFA perfusion fixed frozen sections).
Right panels constitute merged image of left panels. Sections of striatum of A53T Tg and age-matched WT mice were stained with anti-α-Syn antibody conjugated to Texas Red (red) and anti-p-GSK3β conjugated to FITC (green). Nuclei were stained with DAPI (blue).
Datasheets and documents
ab195225 has been referenced in 7 publications.
- Lee AC et al. Spatial epitranscriptomics reveals A-to-I editome specific to cancer stem cell microniches. Nat Commun 13:2540 (2022). PubMed: 35534484
- Okuno Y et al. ARMC5-CUL3 E3 ligase targets full-length SREBF in adrenocortical tumors. JCI Insight 7:N/A (2022). PubMed: 35862218
- Mukherjee K et al. EKLF/KLF1 expression defines a unique macrophage subset during mouse erythropoiesis. Elife 10:N/A (2021). PubMed: 33570494
- Guerrero-Arguero I et al. A comparison of Chikungunya virus infection, progression, and cytokine profiles in human PMA-differentiated U937 and murine RAW264.7 monocyte derived macrophages. PLoS One 15:e0230328 (2020). PubMed: 32163514
- Shears MJ et al. Proteomic Analysis of Plasmodium Merosomes: The Link between Liver and Blood Stages in Malaria. J Proteome Res 18:3404-3418 (2019). PubMed: 31335145
- Wills J et al. Tauopathic Changes in the Striatum of A53T a-Synuclein Mutant Mouse Model of Parkinson's Disease. PLoS One 6:e17953 (2011). PubMed: 21445308
- Haggerty T et al. Hyperphosphorylated Tau in an a-synuclein-overexpressing transgenic model of Parkinson's disease. Eur J Neurosci 33:1598-610 (2011). PubMed: 21453448