8 isoprostane ELISA Kit (ab175819)
Key features and details
- Sensitivity: 1 pg/ml
- Range: 0.005 ng/ml - 5 ng/ml
- Sample type: Cell culture extracts, Plasma, Serum, Tissue, Urine
- Detection method: Colorimetric
- Assay type: Competitive
Product name8 isoprostane ELISA Kit
Intra-assay Sample n Mean SD CV% Overall 12 0.43% Inter-assay Sample n Mean SD CV% Overall 12 1.75%
Sample typeUrine, Serum, Plasma, Cell culture extracts, Tissue
Range0.005 ng/ml - 5 ng/ml
Assay durationMultiple steps standard assay
Abcam’s 8 isoprostane competitive in vitro ELISA (Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay) kit is designed for the determination of 8 isoprostane levels in biological samples. The isoprostanes are a family of eicosanoids of non-enzymatic origin produced by the random oxidation of tissues phospholipids by oxygen radicals. A recent NIH-sponsored study on Biomarkers of Oxidative Stress has indicated that 8 isoprostane is the best index of oxidative injury in a well-accepted oxidant stress rat model. In addition, plasma 8 isoprostane levels were found to be elevated in elderly subjects with severe hypertension and in urine from subjects with high fat diet-induced liver steatosis.
This kit can be used for the determination of 8 isoprostane in diluted urine, serum, plasma, cells and tissues following proper isolation and purification of the eicosanoid from the isoprostane-containing sample.
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 1 x 96 tests 1,000X 8-isoprostane HRP Conjugates 1 x 12µl 10X Sample Dilution Buffer 1 x 25ml 10X Wash Buffer Solution 1 x 25ml 8-isoprotane Standard 1 x 2µl HRP Buffer 1 x 15ml Pre-coated 96-Well Microplate 1 unit TMB Substrate 1 x 22ml
- Prostaglandin, iso Prostaglandin F2, iso Prostaglandin, iPF2 alpha
Datasheets and documents
ab175819 has been referenced in 13 publications.
- García-Sánchez A et al. The Effect of Visceral Abdominal Fat Volume on Oxidative Stress and Proinflammatory Cytokines in Subjects with Normal Weight, Overweight and Obesity. Diabetes Metab Syndr Obes 13:1077-1087 (2020). PubMed: 32308457
- Pattanakuhar S et al. N-acetylcysteine Restored Heart Rate Variability and Prevented Serious Adverse Events in Transfusion-dependent Thalassemia Patients: a Double-blind Single Center Randomized Controlled Trial. Int J Med Sci 17:1147-1155 (2020). PubMed: 32547310
- Wang J et al. Selenoprotein P inhibits cell proliferation and ROX production in HCC cells. PLoS One 15:e0236491 (2020). PubMed: 32735635
- Leonardi A et al. The epitranscriptomic writer ALKBH8 drives tolerance and protects mouse lungs from the environmental pollutant naphthalene. Epigenetics 15:1121-1138 (2020). PubMed: 32303148
- Díaz-De la Cruz EN et al. The Alteration of Pro-inflammatory Cytokines and Oxidative Stress Markers at Six-Month Post-living Kidney Donation. Front Med (Lausanne) 7:382 (2020). PubMed: 32850897