Key features and details
- Sample type: Cell culture supernatant, Cell Lysate, Plasma, Saliva, Serum, Tissue, Urine
- Detection method: Colorimetric
- Assay type: Competitive
Product nameCyclic GMP Complete ELISA Kit
See all cGMP kits
Sample typeCell culture supernatant, Saliva, Urine, Serum, Plasma, Tissue, Cell Lysate
Sample specific recovery Sample type Average % Range Saliva 102.9 % - % Urine 97.7 % - % Serum 101.3 % - % Tissue Culture Media 101.7 % - % Hep Plasma 104.4 % - % EDTA Plasma 115 % - %
Assay time3h 00m
Assay durationMultiple steps standard assay
Abcam’s Cyclic GMP Complete in vitro competitive ELISA (Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay) kit is designed for the accurate quantitative measurement of Cyclic GMP Complete in cells and tissue treated with 0.1N HCl, in addition to culture supernatants, saliva, and serum.
A goat anti-rabbit IgG antibody has been precoated onto 96-well plates. Standards or test samples are added to the wells, along with an alkaline phosphatase (AP) conjugated-cGMP antigen and a polyclonal rabbit antibody specific to cGMP. After incubation the excess reagents are washed away. pNpp substrate is added and after a short incubation the enzyme reaction is stopped and the yellow color generated is read at 405 nm. The intensity of the yellow coloration is inversely proportional to the amount of cGMP captured in the plate.
Guanosine 3’,5’-cyclic monophosphate (cyclic GMP; cGMP) was identified in 1963. It has been shown to be present at levels typically.10-100 fold lower than cAMP in most tissues and is formed by the action of the enzyme.guanylate cyclase on GTP. It is involved in a number of important biological reactions. Some hormones, such as acetylcholine, insulin, and oxytocin, as well as certain other chemicals like serotonin and histamine cause an increase in cGMP levels. Stimulators of guanylate cyclase such as the vasodilators niroprusside, nitroglycerin, sodium nitrate, and nitric oxide.(NO) also stimulate cGMP levels. Peptides, such as atrial natriuretic peptide (ANP) that relax smooth muscle also increase cGMP concentrations. cGMP has been confirmed as a second messenger for ANP. NO can be synthesized from L-arginine and diffuse through cell membranes. The interaction of NO with guanylate cyclase allows cGMP to act as a third messenger in some cells.
Compound Cross Reactivity cGMP 100% GMP <0.001% GTP <0.001% cAMP <0.001% AMP <0.001% ATP <0.001% cUMP <0.001% CTP <0.001%
Storage instructionsPlease refer to protocols.
Components 1 x 96 tests 0.1M HCl 1 x 27ml 20X Wash Buffer Concentrate 1 x 27ml Acetylation kit - Acetic Anhydride 1 x 1ml Acetylation kit - Triethylamine 1 x 2ml Assay Buffer 2 1 x 27ml Cyclic GMP Complete Alkaline Phosphatase Conjugate 1 x 5ml Cyclic GMP Complete Antibody 1 x 5ml Cyclic GMP Complete Standard 1 x 500µl Goat anti-rabbit IgG Microplate (12 x 8 wells) 1 unit Neutralizing Reagent 1 x 5ml Plate Sealer 1 unit pNpp Substrate 1 x 20ml Stop Solution 1 x 5ml
RelevanceCyclic guanosine monophosphate (cGMP) serves as a second messenger in a manner similar to that observed with cAMP. Peptide hormones, such as the natriuretic factors, activate receptors that are associated with membrane-bound guanylate cyclase (GC). Receptor activation of GC leads to the conversion of GTP to cGMP. Nitric oxide (NO) also stimulates cGMP production by activating soluble GC, perhaps by binding to the heme moiety of the enzyme. Similar to cAMP, cGMP mediates most of its intracellular effects through the activation of specific cGMP dependent protein kinases (PKG).
- Cyclic GMP
- Cyclic guanosine monophosphate
- Guanosine 3 5 Cyclic Monophosphate
ab133052 has been referenced in 6 publications.
- Crawford D et al. Control of Orthodontic Tooth Movement by Nitric Oxide Releasing Nanoparticles in Sprague-Dawley Rats. Front Dent Med 9:N/A (2022). PubMed: 36081866
- Kim TK et al. 2'-5' oligoadenylate synthetase‑like 1 (OASL1) protects against atherosclerosis by maintaining endothelial nitric oxide synthase mRNA stability. Nat Commun 13:6647 (2022). PubMed: 36333342
- Occelli LM et al. Elevated retinal cGMP is not associated with elevated circulating cGMP levels in a canine model of retinitis pigmentosa. PLoS One 17:e0279437 (2022). PubMed: 36584140
- Gu M et al. Myostatin Mutation Promotes Glycolysis by Increasing Phosphorylation of Phosphofructokinase via Activation of PDE5A-cGMP-PKG in Cattle Heart. Front Cell Dev Biol 9:774185 (2021). PubMed: 35155444
- Ma L et al. Rebalancing glucolipid metabolism and gut microbiome dysbiosis by nitrate-dependent alleviation of high-fat diet-induced obesity. BMJ Open Diabetes Res Care 8:N/A (2020). PubMed: 32843498
- Schaffner D et al. Analysis of the nitric oxide-cyclic guanosine monophosphate pathway in experimental liver cirrhosis suggests phosphodiesterase-5 as potential target to treat portal hypertension. World J Gastroenterol 24:4356-4368 (2018). PubMed: 30344420