Human CXCL1 ELISA Kit (GRO alpha) (ab190805)
Key features and details
- One-wash 90 minute protocol
- Sensitivity: 0.064 pg/ml
- Range: 2.34 pg/ml - 150 pg/ml
- Sample type: Cell culture supernatant, Cit plasma, Hep Plasma, Serum
- Detection method: Colorimetric
- Assay type: Sandwich (quantitative)
- Reacts with: Human
Product nameHuman CXCL1 ELISA Kit (GRO alpha)
See all CXCL1/GRO alpha kits
Intra-assay Sample n Mean SD CV% Supernatant 3 1.9% Inter-assay Sample n Mean SD CV% Supernatant 8 3.7%
Sample typeCell culture supernatant, Serum, Hep Plasma, Cit plasma
Assay typeSandwich (quantitative)
Range2.34 pg/ml - 150 pg/ml
Sample specific recovery Sample type Average % Range Cell culture supernatant 95 92% - 97% Serum 83 82% - 85% Hep Plasma 86 85% - 87% Cit plasma 81 80% - 82%
Assay time1h 30m
Assay durationOne step assay
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Human CXCL1 ELISA Kit (ab190805) is a single-wash 90 min sandwich ELISA designed for the quantitative measurement of CXCL1 protein in cell culture supernatant, cit plasma, hep plasma, and serum. It uses our proprietary SimpleStep ELISA® technology. Quantitate Human CXCL1 with 0.064 pg/ml sensitivity.
SimpleStep ELISA® technology employs capture antibodies conjugated to an affinity tag that is recognized by the monoclonal antibody used to coat our SimpleStep ELISA® plates. This approach to sandwich ELISA allows the formation of the antibody-analyte sandwich complex in a single step, significantly reducing assay time. See the SimpleStep ELISA® protocol summary in the image section for further details. Our SimpleStep ELISA® technology provides several benefits:
- Single-wash protocol reduces assay time to 90 minutes or less
- High sensitivity, specificity and reproducibility from superior antibodies
- Fully validated in biological samples
- 96-wells plate breakable into 12 x 8 wells strips
A 384-well SimpleStep ELISA® microplate (ab203359) is available to use as an alternative to the 96-well microplate provided with SimpleStep ELISA® kits.
CXCL1 (GRO alpha) is a member of the CXC family of chemokines. CXCL1 contains the ELR motif and preferentially chemoattracts neutrophils. Human CXCL1 undergoes post-translational modification into three isoforms called CXCL1(4-73), CXCL1(5-73) and CXCL1(6-73). These isoforms are produced by proteolytic cleavage after secretion from peripheral blood monocytes, and all show higher activity in-vitro than the full-length protein. Two additional CXC proteins, CXCL2 (or GRO beta) and CXCL3 (or GRO gamma), share 90% and 86% amino acid sequence homology, respectively, with CXCL1. Human CXCL1 mRNA is expressed in foreskin fibroblasts, synovial fibroblasts, chondrocytes and osteocytes. Additionally, CXCL1 mRNA has been detected in mammary fibroblasts and epithelial cells, endothelial cells, activated monocytes, macrophages, and neutrophils. CXCL1 is a growth-regulated gene and is overexpressed constitutively in tumorigenic cells. As a result, elevated levels of CXCL1 can be seen in several types of tumors and cancers, including lung cancer and melanoma.
Storage instructionsStore at +4°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 1 x 96 tests 10X Human CXCL1 Capture Antibody 1 x 600µl 10X Human CXCL1 Detector Antibody 1 x 600µl 10X Wash Buffer PT (ab206977) 1 x 20ml Antibody Diluent 5BI 1 x 6ml Human CXCL1 Lyophilized Recombinant Protein (ab9806) 2 vials Plate Seals 1 unit Sample Diluent NS (ab193972) 1 x 50ml SimpleStep Pre-Coated 96-Well Microplate (ab206978) 1 unit Stop Solution 1 x 12ml TMB Development Solution 1 x 12ml
FunctionHas chemotactic activity for neutrophils. May play a role in inflammation and exerts its effects on endothelial cells in an autocrine fashion. In vitro, the processed forms GRO-alpha(4-73), GRO-alpha(5-73) and GRO-alpha(6-73) show a 30-fold higher chemotactic activity.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the intercrine alpha (chemokine CxC) family.
modificationsN-terminal processed forms GRO-alpha(4-73), GRO-alpha(5-73) and GRO-alpha(6-73) are produced by proteolytic cleavage after secretion from peripheral blood monocytes.
- Information by UniProt
- C-X-C motif chemokine 1
- chemokine (C-X-C motif) ligand 1
- Chemokine (C-X-C motif) ligand 1 (melanoma growth stimulating activity, alpha)
- Entrez Gene: 2919 Human
- Omim: 155730 Human
- SwissProt: P09341 Human
- Unigene: 708652 Human
- Unigene: 789 Human
SimpleStep ELISA technology allows the formation of the antibody-antigen complex in one single step, reducing assay time to 90 minutes. Add samples or standards and antibody mix to wells all at once, incubate, wash, and add your final substrate. See protocol for a detailed step-by-step guide.
Standard Curve comparison between human CXCL1 SimpleStep ELISA kit (GRO alpha) and traditional ELISA kit from leading competitor. SimpleStep ELISA kit shows increased sensitivity.
Standard Curve comparison between new human CXCL1 SimpleStep ELISA kit (GRO alpha) and original ELISA kit. The current SimpleStep ELISA kit shows increased sensitivity.
The CXCL1 (GRO alpha) standard curve was prepared as described in Section 10. Raw data values are shown in the table. Background-subtracted data values (mean +/- SD) are graphed.
The concentrations of CXCL1 (GRO alpha) were measured in duplicates, interpolated from the CXCL1 standard curves and corrected for sample dilution. Undiluted samples are as follows: serum 100%, platelet poor plasma (citrate) 100%, and platelet poor plasma (heparin) 100%. The interpolated dilution factor corrected values are plotted (mean +/- SD, n=2). The mean CXCL1 concentration was determined to be 20.65 pg/mL in serum, 11.10 pg/mL in platelet poor plasma (citrate), and 29.39 pg/mL in platelet poor plasma (Heparin).
The concentrations of CXCL1 (GRO alpha) were measured in duplicate and interpolated from the CXCL1 standard curve and corrected for sample dilution. The interpolated dilution factor corrected values are plotted (mean +/- SD, n=2). The mean CXCL1 concentration was determined to be 17.53 ng/mL in treated PBMC supernatant.
Human PBMCs were cultured in RPMI supplemented with 10% fetal calf serum, 2 mM L-glutamine. Cells were cultured for 2 days at 37˚C in the presence or absence of 1.5% PHA-M. The concentrations of CXCL1 (GRO alpha) were interpolated from the standard curve in Sample Diluent NS and corrected for sample dilution. The mean CXCL1 concentration was determined to be 5.11 pg/mL in unstimulated PBMC supernatants, and 17533.21 pg/mL in stimulated PBMC supernatants.
To learn more about the advantages of recombinant antibodies see here.
Datasheets and documents
ab190805 has been referenced in 6 publications.
- Yang IH et al. Oxidative stress enhanced the transforming growth factor-ß2-induced epithelial-mesenchymal transition through chemokine ligand 1 on ARPE-19 cell. Sci Rep 10:4000 (2020). PubMed: 32132577
- Sasaki T et al. IL-8 induces transdifferentiation of mature hepatocytes toward the cholangiocyte phenotype. FEBS Open Bio 9:2105-2116 (2019). PubMed: 31651102
- Bardi GT et al. Detection of Inflammation-Related Melanoma Small Extracellular Vesicle (sEV) mRNA Content Using Primary Melanocyte sEVs as a Reference. Int J Mol Sci 20:N/A (2019). PubMed: 30870978
- Pu Y et al. Adiponectin promotes human jaw bone marrow mesenchymal stem cell chemotaxis via CXCL1 and CXCL8. J Cell Mol Med 21:1411-1419 (2017). PubMed: 28176455
- Suh KJ et al. EGFR or HER2 inhibition modulates the tumor microenvironment by suppression of PD-L1 and cytokines release. Oncotarget 8:63901-63910 (2017). ELISA . PubMed: 28969039
- Hashimoto O et al. Collaboration of cancer-associated fibroblasts and tumour-associated macrophages for neuroblastoma development. J Pathol N/A:N/A (2016). Sandwich ELISA ; Human . PubMed: 27425378