Human Glutathione Peroxidase 1 ELISA Kit (ab193767)
Key features and details
- One-wash 90 minute protocol
- Sensitivity: 0.11 ng/ml
- Range: 0.4 ng/ml - 25 ng/ml
- Sample type: Cell culture extracts, Cit plasma, EDTA Plasma, Hep Plasma, Serum, Tissue Extracts
- Detection method: Colorimetric
- Assay type: Sandwich (quantitative)
- Reacts with: Human
Product nameHuman Glutathione Peroxidase 1 ELISA Kit
See all Glutathione Peroxidase 1 kits
Intra-assay Sample n Mean SD CV% Overall 4 4.17% Inter-assay Sample n Mean SD CV% Overall 3 9.8%
Sample typeSerum, Cell culture extracts, Tissue Extracts, Hep Plasma, EDTA Plasma, Cit plasma
Assay typeSandwich (quantitative)
Range0.4 ng/ml - 25 ng/ml
Sample specific recovery Sample type Average % Range Serum 96 92% - 101% Hep Plasma 99 99% - 100% EDTA Plasma 93 91% - 98% Cit plasma 93 91% - 97% Extraction Buffer 96 91% - 100%
Assay time1h 30m
Assay durationOne step assay
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Human Glutathione Peroxidase 1 ELISA Kit (ab193767) is a single-wash 90 min sandwich ELISA designed for the quantitative measurement of Glutathione Peroxidase 1 protein in cell culture extracts, cit plasma, edta plasma, hep plasma, serum, and tissue extracts. It uses our proprietary SimpleStep ELISA® technology. Quantitate Human Glutathione Peroxidase 1 with 0.11 ng/ml sensitivity.
SimpleStep ELISA® technology employs capture antibodies conjugated to an affinity tag that is recognized by the monoclonal antibody used to coat our SimpleStep ELISA® plates. This approach to sandwich ELISA allows the formation of the antibody-analyte sandwich complex in a single step, significantly reducing assay time. See the SimpleStep ELISA® protocol summary in the image section for further details. Our SimpleStep ELISA® technology provides several benefits:
- Single-wash protocol reduces assay time to 90 minutes or less
- High sensitivity, specificity and reproducibility from superior antibodies
- Fully validated in biological samples
- 96-wells plate breakable into 12 x 8 wells strips
A 384-well SimpleStep ELISA® microplate (ab203359) is available to use as an alternative to the 96-well microplate provided with SimpleStep ELISA® kits.
GPX1 is a selenium-containing enzyme part of the glutathione system responsible for protecting against oxidative damage by catalyzing the reduction of hydroperoxides with glutathione. The homotetramer, GPX1, utilizes its selenocysteine-containing active site to primarily scavenge hydrogen peroxide. The dimerization of glutathione ultimately provides the electrons to reduce the active site, restoring GPX1’s activity. As a critical component of the regulation of oxidative species within cells, GPX1 is directly involved in metabolism, various cancers, and oxidative stress. This assay is specific to isoform 1 of glutathione peroxidase.
Abcam has not and does not intend to apply for the REACH Authorisation of customers’ uses of products that contain European Authorisation list (Annex XIV) substances.
It is the responsibility of our customers to check the necessity of application of REACH Authorisation, and any other relevant authorisations, for their intended uses.
Storage instructionsStore at +4°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 1 x 96 tests 10X Human GPX1 Capture Antibody 1 x 600µl 10X Human GPX1 Detector Antibody 1 x 600µl 10X Wash Buffer PT (ab206977) 1 x 20ml 50X Cell Extraction Enhancer Solution (ab193971) 1 x 1ml 5X Cell Extraction Buffer PTR (ab193970) 1 x 10ml Antibody Diluent CPI - HAMA Blocker (ab193969) 1 x 6ml Human GPX1 Lyophilized Recombinant Protein 2 vials Plate Seals 1 unit Sample Diluent 75BP 1 x 20ml Sample Diluent NS (ab193972) 1 x 50ml SimpleStep Pre-Coated 96-Well Microplate (ab206978) 1 unit Stop Solution 1 x 12ml TMB Development Solution 1 x 12ml
FunctionProtects the hemoglobin in erythrocytes from oxidative breakdown.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the glutathione peroxidase family.
- Information by UniProt
- Cellular glutathione peroxidase
- Glutathione peroxidase
- Entrez Gene: 2876 Human
- Omim: 138320 Human
- SwissProt: P07203 Human
- Unigene: 76686 Human
SimpleStep ELISA technology allows the formation of the antibody-antigen complex in one single step, reducing assay time to 90 minutes. Add samples or standards and antibody mix to wells all at once, incubate, wash, and add your final substrate. See protocol for a detailed step-by-step guide.
Background-subtracted data values (mean +/- SD) are graphed.
Background-subtracted data values (mean +/- SD, n = 2) are graphed.
Datasheets and documents
ab193767 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- Ma P et al. LINC02389/miR-7-5p Regulated Cisplatin Resistance of Non-Small-Cell Lung Cancer via Promoting Oxidative Stress. Anal Cell Pathol (Amst) 2022:6100176 (2022). PubMed: 36311891
- Suleiman N et al. Insulin sensitivity variations in apparently healthy Arab male subjects: correlation with insulin and C peptide. BMJ Open Diabetes Res Care 9:N/A (2021). PubMed: 34785564
- Lu M et al. MiR-134-5p targeting XIAP modulates oxidative stress and apoptosis in cardiomyocytes under hypoxia/reperfusion-induced injury. IUBMB Life 72:2154-2166 (2020). PubMed: 32797709
- Koziol K et al. Changes in ?H2AX and H4K16ac levels are involved in the biochemical response to a competitive soccer match in adolescent players. Sci Rep 10:14481 (2020). PubMed: 32879387
- Togha M et al. An investigation of oxidant/antioxidant balance in patients with migraine: a case-control study. BMC Neurol 19:323 (2019). PubMed: 31837702