Key features and details
- One-wash 90 minute protocol
- Sensitivity: 0.02 ng/ml
- Range: 0.11 ng/ml - 1.33 ng/ml
- Sample type: Cell culture supernatant, Plasma, Serum
- Detection method: Colorimetric
- Assay type: Sandwich (quantitative)
- Reacts with: Human
Product nameHuman IgE ELISA Kit
See all IgE kits
Intra-assay Sample n Mean SD CV% Serum 8 4.04% Inter-assay Sample n Mean SD CV% Serum 3 3.53%
Sample typeCell culture supernatant, Serum, Plasma
Assay typeSandwich (quantitative)
Range0.11 ng/ml - 1.33 ng/ml
Sample specific recovery Sample type Average % Range Serum 108 98% - 118% Cell culture media 107 96% - 118% Hep Plasma 100 98% - 102% EDTA Plasma 97 84% - 115% Cit plasma 111 102% - 116%
Assay time1h 30m
Assay durationOne step assay
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Human IgE ELISA Kit (ab195216) is a single-wash 90 min sandwich ELISA designed for the quantitative measurement of IgE protein in serum, cell culture supernatant, and plasma. It uses our proprietary SimpleStep ELISA® technology. Quantitate Human IgE with 0.02 ng/ml sensitivity.
SimpleStep ELISA® technology employs capture antibodies conjugated to an affinity tag that is recognized by the monoclonal antibody used to coat our SimpleStep ELISA® plates. This approach to sandwich ELISA allows the formation of the antibody-analyte sandwich complex in a single step, significantly reducing assay time. See the SimpleStep ELISA® protocol summary in the image section for further details. Our SimpleStep ELISA® technology provides several benefits:
- Single-wash protocol reduces assay time to 90 minutes or less
- High sensitivity, specificity and reproducibility from superior antibodies
- Fully validated in biological samples
- 96-wells plate breakable into 12 x 8 wells strips
A 384-well SimpleStep ELISA® microplate (ab203359) is available to use as an alternative to the 96-well microplate provided with SimpleStep ELISA® kits.
Human Immunoglobulin E (IgE) is a class of antibodies that plays a fundamental role in various allergic reactions. IgE is composed of two heavy chains and two light chains, found to be typical of Ig molecules. The epsilon heavy chain attaches to its high-affinity receptor Fc epsilon receptor (Fc?RI) found primarily on mast cells, basophils, and eosinophils. Binding of IgE to its receptor initiates a release of vasoactive amines (i.e. histamines) and other mediators of allergic responses into the surrounding tissue.
Human IgE is produced in the lungs, skin and mucous membrane, but is typically the least abundant antibody isotope. Its main function is immunity against parasites such as parasitic worms like Schistosoma mansoni, Trichinella spiralis, and Fasciola hepatica. IgE also plays a role in type I hypersensitivity, which manifests various allergic diseases, such as allergic asthma, most types of sinusitis, allergic rhinitis, food allergy, and some types of chronic urticaria, and atopic dermatitis.
Storage instructionsStore at +4°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 1 x 96 tests 10 x 96 tests 10X Human IgE Capture Antibody 1 x 600µl 10 x 600µl 10X Human IgE Detector Antibody 1 x 600µl 10 x 600µl 10X Wash Buffer PT (ab206977) 1 x 20ml 1 x 200ml Antibody Diluent 5BI 1 x 6ml 10 x 6ml Human IgE Lyophilized Purified Protein 2 vials 20 vials Plate Seals 1 unit 10 units Sample Diluent NS (ab193972) 1 x 50ml 2 x 250ml SimpleStep Pre-Coated 96-Well Microplate (ab206978) 1 unit 10 units Stop Solution 1 x 12ml 1 x 120ml TMB Development Solution 1 x 12ml 1 x 120ml
RelevanceIgE is the class of antibodies produced in the lungs, skin, and mucous membranes. It may protect against parasite invasion, but it is a major factor in allergic reactions. The antigen-specific IgE interacts with mast cells and eosinophils, triggers the release of histamine, leukotrienes and other substances that lead to the itching, sneezing and congestion of allergies - and the life threatening respiratory distress of asthma and anaphylactic shock.
- Ig epsilon chain C region
- immunoglobulin heavy constant epsilon
SimpleStep ELISA technology allows the formation of the antibody-antigen complex in one single step, reducing assay time to 90 minutes. Add samples or standards and antibody mix to wells all at once, incubate, wash, and add your final substrate. See protocol for a detailed step-by-step guide.
Background-subtracted data values (mean +/- SD) are graphed.
Three individual AD donors and NHS pooled from 50 healthy donors were evaluated for the presence of Human IgE in serum using this assay. Results were interpolated from the standard curve in Sample Diluent NS and corrected for sample dilution (1:5,000). The mean level of Human IgE was found at 950 ng/mL for AD donors with a range of 290 – 2,126.5 ng/mL. The level of Human IgE in NHS was found at 1,000 ng/mL.
ab195216 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- Gudjonsdottir J et al. An Evaluation of Serum IgE and Th2-Associated Interleukins in Children With Uncomplicated and Complicated Appendicitis. Front Pediatr 10:884138 (2022). PubMed: 35586830
- Dai W et al. Effect of momethasone furoate combined with loratadine and montelukast sodium on inflammatory factors and pulmonary function in children with allergic rhinitis. Am J Transl Res 14:7199-7207 (2022). PubMed: 36398245
- Huang J et al. Formononetin ameliorates IL‑13‑induced inflammation and mucus formation in human nasal epithelial cells by activating the SIRT1/Nrf2 signaling pathway. Mol Med Rep 24:N/A (2021). PubMed: 34590155
- Qu S et al. MicroRNA-194 reduces inflammatory response and human dermal microvascular endothelial cells permeability through suppression of TGF-ß/SMAD pathway by inhibiting THBS1 in chronic idiopathic urticaria. J Cell Biochem 121:111-124 (2020). PubMed: 31190349
- Sullivan KD et al. Trisomy 21 causes changes in the circulating proteome indicative of chronic autoinflammation. Sci Rep 7:14818 (2017). PubMed: 29093484