Human IL-11 ELISA Kit (ab189569)
Key features and details
- One-wash 90 minute protocol
- Sensitivity: 12 pg/ml
- Range: 43 pg/ml - 6000 pg/ml
- Sample type: Cell culture supernatant, EDTA Plasma, Serum
- Detection method: Colorimetric
- Assay type: Sandwich (quantitative)
- Reacts with: Human
Product nameHuman IL-11 ELISA Kit
See all IL-11 kits
Intra-assay Sample n Mean SD CV% Overall 5 1.7% Inter-assay Sample n Mean SD CV% Overall 5 10.3%
Sample typeCell culture supernatant, Serum, EDTA Plasma
Assay typeSandwich (quantitative)
Range43 pg/ml - 6000 pg/ml
Sample specific recovery Sample type Average % Range Serum 99.6 94.9% - 104.4% Cell culture media 98.5 93.5% - 104.3% EDTA Plasma 116.9 108.3% - 125.3%
Assay time1h 30m
Assay durationOne step assay
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Human IL-11 ELISA Kit (ab189569) is a single-wash 90 min sandwich ELISA designed for the quantitative measurement of IL-11 protein in cell culture supernatant, edta plasma, and serum. It uses our proprietary SimpleStep ELISA® technology. Quantitate Human IL-11 with 12 pg/ml sensitivity.
SimpleStep ELISA® technology employs capture antibodies conjugated to an affinity tag that is recognized by the monoclonal antibody used to coat our SimpleStep ELISA® plates. This approach to sandwich ELISA allows the formation of the antibody-analyte sandwich complex in a single step, significantly reducing assay time. See the SimpleStep ELISA® protocol summary in the image section for further details. Our SimpleStep ELISA® technology provides several benefits:
- Single-wash protocol reduces assay time to 90 minutes or less
- High sensitivity, specificity and reproducibility from superior antibodies
- Fully validated in biological samples
- 96-wells plate breakable into 12 x 8 wells strips
A 384-well SimpleStep ELISA® microplate (ab203359) is available to use as an alternative to the 96-well microplate provided with SimpleStep ELISA® kits.
IL-11 is multifunctional cytokine of IL-6 superfamily. It is secreted by many cell types. IL-11 is best known for its hematopoietic activity. IL-11directly stimulates the proliferation of hematopoietic stem cells and megakaryocyte progenitor cells and induces megakaryocyte maturation resulting in increased platelet production. During embryonic development L-11 signaling is required for normal development of placentation and survival to birth.
Storage instructionsStore at +4°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 1 x 96 tests 10X Human IL-11 Capture Antibody 1 x 600µl 10X Human IL-11 Detector Antibody 1 x 600µl 10X Wash Buffer PT (ab206977) 1 x 20ml Antibody Diluent 5BI 1 x 6ml Human IL-11 Lyophilized Recombinant Protein 2 vials Plate Seals 1 unit Sample Diluent 50BS 1 x 20ml Sample Diluent NS (ab193972) 1 x 50ml SimpleStep Pre-Coated 96-Well Microplate (ab206978) 1 unit Stop Solution 1 x 12ml TMB Development Solution 1 x 12ml
FunctionDirectly stimulates the proliferation of hematopoietic stem cells and megakaryocyte progenitor cells and induces megakaryocyte maturation resulting in increased platelet production.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the IL-6 superfamily.
- Information by UniProt
- Adipogenesis inhibitory factor
- IL 11
- Entrez Gene: 3589 Human
- Omim: 147681 Human
- SwissProt: P20809 Human
- Unigene: 467304 Human
SimpleStep ELISA technology allows the formation of the antibody-antigen complex in one single step, reducing assay time to 90 minutes. Add samples or standards and antibody mix to wells all at once, incubate, wash, and add your final substrate. See protocol for a detailed step-by-step guide.
Background-subtracted data values (mean +/- SD) are graphed.
MRC5 cells were grown in 10F HGDMEM media in the presence of 10 ng/mL phorbol 12-myristate 13-acetate (PMA) and 1 ng/mL IL-1 alpha (ab9616) for 48 hours. IL-11 concentrations were measured in serial dilutions of cell culture supernatants using this kit. Background-subtracted data values (mean +/- SD, n = 2) are graphed.
MRC5 cells were grown in 10F HGDMEM media in the absence or presence of 10 ng/mL phorbol 12-myristate 13-acetate (PMA) and 1 ng/mL IL-1 alpha (ab9616) for 48 hours. IL-11 concentrations were measured in 8 and 16 X diluted cell culture supernatants using this kit. Interpolated data values adjusted for sample dilution are graphed (mean +/- SD, n=3) in ng of IL-11 per mL of cell culture supernatant.
Datasheets and documents
ab189569 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- Liu L et al. CaSR Induces Osteoclast Differentiation and Promotes Bone Metastasis in Lung Adenocarcinoma. Front Oncol 10:305 (2020). PubMed: 32269963
- Kamermans A et al. Setmelanotide, a Novel, Selective Melanocortin Receptor-4 Agonist Exerts Anti-inflammatory Actions in Astrocytes and Promotes an Anti-inflammatory Macrophage Phenotype. Front Immunol 10:2312 (2019). PubMed: 31636637
- Liu D & Shi X Long non-coding RNA NKILA inhibits proliferation and migration of lung cancer via IL-11/STAT3 signaling. Int J Clin Exp Pathol 12:2595-2603 (2019). PubMed: 31934087
- Tan HS et al. KRT8 upregulation promotes tumor metastasis and is predictive of a poor prognosis in clear cell renal cell carcinoma. Oncotarget 8:76189-76203 (2017). PubMed: 29100303
- Zheng H et al. TMED3 promotes hepatocellular carcinoma progression via IL-11/STAT3 signaling. Sci Rep 6:37070 (2016). WB ; Human . PubMed: 27901021