Human IL-8 ELISA Kit (ab46032)
Key features and details
- Sensitivity: 12.3 pg/ml
- Range: 31.25 pg/ml - 1000 pg/ml
- Sample type: Cell culture supernatant, Plasma, Serum
- Detection method: Colorimetric
- Assay type: Sandwich (quantitative)
- Reacts with: Human
Product nameHuman IL-8 ELISA Kit
See all IL-8 kits
Intra-assay Sample n Mean SD CV% Pooled Data 6 4% Inter-assay Sample n Mean SD CV% Pooled Data 6 6%
Sample typeCell culture supernatant, Serum, Plasma
Assay typeSandwich (quantitative)
Sensitivity< 12.3 pg/ml
Range31.25 pg/ml - 1000 pg/ml
Assay time2h 15m
Assay durationMultiple steps standard assay
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Human IL-8 ELISA kit is designed for the quantitative measurement of IL-8 supernatants, buffered solutions, serum and plasma samples. (Genecards: CXCL8)
A monoclonal antibody specific for IL-8 has been coated onto the wells of the microtiter strips provided. Samples, including standards of known IL-8 concentrations, control specimens or unknowns are pipetted into these wells. During the first incubation, the standards or samples and a biotinylated monoclonal antibody specific for IL-8 are simultaneously incubated. After washing, the enzyme Streptavidin-HRP, that binds the biotinylated antibody is added, incubated and washed. A TMB substrate solution is added which acts on the bound enzyme to induce a colored reaction product. The intensity of this colored product is directly proportional to the concentration of IL-8 present in the samples.
This kit will recognize both endogenous and recombinant Human IL-8.
Storage instructionsStore at +4°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components Identifier 1 x 96 tests 2 x 96 tests 10X Standard Diluent Buffer Black 1 x 15ml 1 x 25ml 200X Wash Buffer White 1 x 10ml 2 x 10ml Biotinylated Antibody Diluent Red 1 x 7.5ml 1 x 13ml Biotinylated anti-IL-8 Red 1 x 0.4ml 2 x 0.4ml Chromogen TMB Substrate Solution 1 x 11ml 1 x 24ml HRP Diluent Red 1 x 12ml 1 x 23ml IL-8 Control Silver 2 vials 4 vials IL-8 Microplate (12 x 8 well strips) 1 unit 2 units IL-8 Standard Yellow 2 vials 4 vials Plastic Plate Covers 2 units 4 units Standard Diluent (Serum) 1 x 7ml 2 x 7ml Stop Reagent Black 1 x 11ml 2 x 11ml Streptavidin-HRP 2 x 5µl 4 x 5µl
FunctionIL-8 is a chemotactic factor that attracts neutrophils, basophils, and T-cells, but not monocytes. It is also involved in neutrophil activation. It is released from several cell types in response to an inflammatory stimulus. IL-8(6-77) has a 5-10-fold higher activity on neutrophil activation, IL-8(5-77) has increased activity on neutrophil activation and IL-8(7-77) has a higher affinity to receptors CXCR1 and CXCR2 as compared to IL-8(1-77), respectively.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the intercrine alpha (chemokine CxC) family.
modificationsSeveral N-terminal processed forms are produced by proteolytic cleavage after secretion from at least peripheral blood monocytes, leukcocytes and endothelial cells. In general, IL-8(1-77) is referred to as interleukin-8. IL-8(6-77) is the most promiment form.
- Information by UniProt
- Entrez Gene: 3576 Human
- Omim: 146930 Human
- SwissProt: P10145 Human
- Unigene: 624 Human
IL-8 detected in supernatants from control cells (C) or cells stimulated for 24 hours with 50 ng x mL-1 of PMA (ab120297) (P), and with the addition of 1 ug x mL-1 of LPS (Sigma) (P/L) for the last 6 hours. The positive control is included (Pos.). Results shown after background signal was subtracted (duplicates +/- SD).
Representative Standard Curve using ab46032
Datasheets and documents
ab46032 has been referenced in 49 publications.
- Li XP et al. Differentiation Antagonizing Non-protein Coding RNA Knockdown Alleviates Lipopolysaccharide-Induced Inflammatory Injury and Apoptosis in Human Chondrocyte Primary Chondrocyte Cells Through Upregulating miRNA-19a-3p. Orthop Surg 13:276-284 (2021). PubMed: 33283483
- Kaiser R et al. Self-sustaining IL-8 loops drive a prothrombotic neutrophil phenotype in severe COVID-19. JCI Insight 6:N/A (2021). PubMed: 34403366
- Xu B et al. Puerarin Inhibits Ferroptosis and Inflammation of Lung Injury Caused by Sepsis in LPS Induced Lung Epithelial Cells. Front Pediatr 9:706327 (2021). PubMed: 34422728
- Cai XJ et al. LncRNA OIP5-AS1 aggravates house dust mite-induced inflammatory responses in human bronchial epithelial cells via the miR-143-3p/HMGB1 axis. Mol Med Rep 22:4509-4518 (2020). PubMed: 33174035
- Hu B et al. Nuclear factor E2 related factor (NRF2) inhibits mast cell- mediated allergic inflammation via SIRT4-mediated mitochondrial metabolism. Ann Palliat Med 9:3839-3847 (2020). PubMed: 33222465