Key features and details
- Sensitivity: 6 pg/ml
- Range: 8.23 pg/ml - 6000 pg/ml
- Sample type: Cell culture supernatant, Plasma
- Detection method: Colorimetric
- Assay type: Sandwich (quantitative)
- Reacts with: Human
Product nameHuman MMP13 ELISA Kit
See all MMP13 kits
Intra-assay Sample n Mean SD CV% Overall < 10% Inter-assay Sample n Mean SD CV% Overall < 12%
Sample typeCell culture supernatant, Plasma
Assay typeSandwich (quantitative)
Sensitivity< 6 pg/ml
Range8.23 pg/ml - 6000 pg/ml
Sample specific recovery Sample type Average % Range Cell culture supernatant 94.72 84% - 103% Plasma 93.13 83% - 103%
Assay durationMultiple steps standard assay
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Abcam’s MMP13 Human ELISA (Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay) kit is an in vitro enzyme linked immunosorbent assay for the quantitative measurement of Human MMP13 in plasma and cell culture supernatants.
This assay employs an antibody specific for Human MMP13 coated on a 96-well plate. Standards and samples are pipetted into the wells and MMP13 present in a sample is bound to the wells by the immobilized antibody. The wells are washed and biotinylated anti-Human MMP13 antibody is added. After washing away unbound biotinylated antibody, HRP-conjugated streptavidin is pipetted to the wells. The wells are again washed, a TMB substrate solution is added to the wells and color develops in proportion to the amount of MMP13 bound. The Stop Solution changes the color from blue to yellow, and the intensity of the color is measured at 450 nm.
The kit detects total MMP-13 levels.
We have not been able to detect endogenous Human MMP13 in normal serum with ab100605, only in serum spiked with Human MMP13.
Optimisation may be required with urine samples.
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 1 x 96 tests 20X Wash Buffer 1 x 25ml 5X Assay Diluent 1 x 15ml 700X HRP-Streptavidin Concentrate 1 x 200µl Biotinylated anti-Human MMP13 2 vials MMP13 Microplate (12 x 8 wells) 1 unit Recombinant Human MMP13 Standard (lyophilized) 2 vials Stop Solution 1 x 8ml TMB One-Step Substrate Reagent 1 x 12ml
FunctionDegrades collagen type I. Does not act on gelatin or casein. Could have a role in tumoral process.
Tissue specificitySeems to be specific to breast carcinomas.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in MMP13 are the cause of spondyloepimetaphyseal dysplasia Missouri type (SEMD-MO) [MIM:602111]. A bone disease characterized by moderate to severe metaphyseal changes, mild epiphyseal involvement, rhizomelic shortening of the lower limbs with bowing of the femora and/or tibiae, coxa vara, genu varum and pear-shaped vertebrae in childhood. Epimetaphyseal changes improve with age.
Defects in MMP13 are the cause of metaphyseal anadysplasia type 1 (MANDP1) [MIM:602111]. Metaphyseal anadysplasia consists of an abnormal bone development characterized by severe skeletal changes that, in contrast with the progressive course of most other skeletal dysplasias, resolve spontaneously with age. Clinical characteristics are evident from the first months of life and include slight shortness of stature and a mild varus deformity of the legs. Patients attain a normal stature in adolescence and show improvement or complete resolution of varus deformity of the legs and rhizomelic micromelia.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the peptidase M10A family.
Contains 4 hemopexin-like domains.
DomainThe conserved cysteine present in the cysteine-switch motif binds the catalytic zinc ion, thus inhibiting the enzyme. The dissociation of the cysteine from the zinc ion upon the activation-peptide release activates the enzyme.
Cellular localizationSecreted > extracellular space > extracellular matrix.
- Information by UniProt
- CLG 3
- Collagenase 3
ab100605 has been referenced in 19 publications.
- Zhong B et al. Roflumilast Reduced the IL-18-Induced Inflammatory Response in Fibroblast-Like Synoviocytes (FLS). ACS Omega 6:2149-2155 (2021). PubMed: 33521454
- Kato EE & Sampaio SC Crotoxin Modulates Events Involved in Epithelial-Mesenchymal Transition in 3D Spheroid Model. Toxins (Basel) 13:N/A (2021). PubMed: 34822613
- Cui Z et al. Retinoic Acid-Platinum (II) Complex [RT-Pt(II)] Protects Against Rheumatoid Arthritis in Mice via MEK/Nuclear Factor kappa B (NF-?B) Pathway Downregulation. Med Sci Monit 26:e924787 (2020). PubMed: 32741960
- Zhao X et al. MicroRNA-495 enhances chondrocyte apoptosis, senescence and promotes the progression of osteoarthritis by targeting AKT1. Am J Transl Res 11:2232-2244 (2019). PubMed: 31105831
- Li J et al. Down-regulation of CCL17 in cancer-associated fibroblasts inhibits cell migration and invasion of breast cancer through ERK1/2 pathway. Cancer Manag Res 11:7439-7453 (2019). PubMed: 31496803