Key features and details
- Sensitivity: 0.04 ng/ml
- Range: 0.08 ng/ml - 5 ng/ml
- Sample type: Cell culture supernatant, Plasma, Serum, Urine
- Detection method: Colorimetric
- Assay type: Sandwich (quantitative)
- Reacts with: Human
Product nameHuman Superoxide Dismutase 1 ELISA Kit
See all Superoxide Dismutase 1 kits
Intra-assay Sample n Mean SD CV% Overall 5.1% Inter-assay Sample n Mean SD CV% Overall 5.8%
Sample typeCell culture supernatant, Urine, Serum, Plasma
Assay typeSandwich (quantitative)
Range0.08 ng/ml - 5 ng/ml
Sample specific recovery Sample type Average % Range Serum 98 89% - 108%
Assay durationMultiple steps standard assay
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Abcam’s Human Superoxide Dismutase 1 in vitro ELISA (Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay) kit is designed for accurate quantitative measurement of Human Cu/Zn Superoxide Dismutase concentrations in cell culture supernatant, serum and plasma (EDTA, citrate, heparin), amniotic fluid, fetal umbilical vein blood and urine.
Cu/Zn Superoxide Dismutase specific antibodies have been precoated onto 96-well plates. Standards and test samples are added to the wells along with a Cu/Zn Superoxide Dismutase HRP-conjugated detection antibody and the microplate is then incubated at room temperature. After the removal of unbound proteins by washing, TMB is added and catalyzed by HRP to produce a blue color product that changes to yellow after addition of an acidic stop solution. The density of yellow coloration is directly proportional to the Cu/Zn Superoxide Dismutase amount of sample captured in plate.
ab119520 Human Superoxide Dismutase 1 ELISA kit has been shown to detect both SOD1 and SOD3.
Storage instructionsStore at +4°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 1 x 96 tests 20X Assay Buffer Concentrate 1 x 5ml 20X Wash Buffer Concentrate 1 x 50ml Adhesive Films 2 units HRP-Conjugate anti-Human Cu/Zn Superoxide Dismutase monoclonal antibody 2 x 20µl Human Cu/Zn Superoxide Dismutase Standard (5 ng/mL) 2 x 500µl Microplate coated with anti Human Cu/Zn SOD monoclonal antibody (12 x 8 wells) 1 unit Phosphate Buffered Saline Concentrate (PBS) (20x) 1 x 5ml Stop Solution (1M Phosphoric acid) 1 x 15ml TMB Substrate Solution 1 x 15ml
Cellular localizationCytoplasmic. Note: The pathogenic variants ALS1 Arg-86 and Ala-94 gradually aggregates and accumulates in mitochondria.
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis 1 (Adult)
ab119520 has been referenced in 8 publications.
- Li R et al. Glucose Starvation-Caused Oxidative Stress Induces Inflammation and Autophagy in Human Gingival Fibroblasts. Antioxidants (Basel) 11:N/A (2022). PubMed: 36290630
- Hedetoft M et al. Hyperbaric oxygen treatment impacts oxidative stress markers in patients with necrotizing soft-tissue infection. J Investig Med 69:1330-1338 (2021). PubMed: 34006573
- Zhao H & He Y Lysophosphatidylcholine Offsets the Protective Effects of Bone Marrow Mesenchymal Stem Cells on Inflammatory Response and Oxidative Stress Injury of Retinal Endothelial Cells via TLR4/NF-κB Signaling. J Immunol Res 2021:2389029 (2021). PubMed: 34692851
- Shokrzadeh M et al. An engineered non-erythropoietic erythropoietin-derived peptide, ARA290, attenuates doxorubicin induced genotoxicity and oxidative stress. Toxicol In Vitro 66:104864 (2020). PubMed: 32335150
- Cao Y et al. PARP1 might enhance the therapeutic effect of tetrahydroxystilbene glucoside in traumatic brain injury via inhibition of Ras/JNK signalling pathway. Folia Neuropathol 58:45-56 (2020). PubMed: 32337957
- Koziol K et al. Changes in ?H2AX and H4K16ac levels are involved in the biochemical response to a competitive soccer match in adolescent players. Sci Rep 10:14481 (2020). PubMed: 32879387
- Bai J et al. Eriodictyol inhibits high glucose-induced extracellular matrix accumulation, oxidative stress, and inflammation in human glomerular mesangial cells. Phytother Res 33:2775-2782 (2019). PubMed: 31373419
- Stradling JR et al. Biomarkers of oxidative stress following continuous positive airway pressure withdrawal: data from two randomised trials. Eur Respir J 46:1065-71 (2015). Sandwich ELISA ; Human . PubMed: 26022961