Key features and details
- Sensitivity: 0.2 ng/ml
- Range: 0.25 ng/ml - 8 ng/ml
- Sample type: Cell culture supernatant, Plasma, Serum, Tissue, Urine
- Detection method: Colorimetric
- Assay type: Sandwich (quantitative)
- Reacts with: Human
Product nameHuman Urokinase type Plasminogen Activator ELISA Kit
See all Urokinase kits
Intra-assay Sample n Mean SD CV% Overall 4.9% Inter-assay Sample n Mean SD CV% Overall 7.2%
Sample typeCell culture supernatant, Urine, Serum, Plasma, Tissue
Assay typeSandwich (quantitative)
Sensitivity= 0.2 ng/ml
Range0.25 ng/ml - 8 ng/ml
Assay time4h 00m
Assay durationMultiple steps standard assay
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Abcam’s Urokinase type Plasminogen Activator Human in vitro ELISA (Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay) kit is designed for the quantitative measurement of Urokinase type Plasminogen Activator (uPA) in plasma, serum, urine, milk, cell culture supernatants and tissue extracts.
A Urokinase type Plasminogen Activator specific antibody has been precoated onto 96-well plates and blocked. Standards or test samples are added to the wells and subsequently a Urokinase type Plasminogen Activator specific biotinylated detection antibody is added and then followed by washing with wash buffer. Avidin-Biotin-Peroxidase Complex is added and unbound conjugates are washed away with wash buffer. TMB is then used to visualize HRP enzymatic reaction. TMB is catalyzed by HRP to produce a blue color product that changes into yellow after adding acidic stop solution. The density of yellow coloration is directly proportional to the amount of Urokinase type Plasminogen Activator captured in plate.
The entire kit may be stored at -20°C for long term storage before reconstitution - Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 1 x 96 tests 100X Streptavidin-Peroxidase Conjugate 1 x 80µl 10X Diluent N Concentrate 1 x 30ml 20X Wash Buffer Concentrate 2 x 30ml 70X Biotinylated Human Urokinase type Plasminogen Activator Antibody 1 x 120µl Chromogen Substrate 1 x 7ml Sealing Tapes 3 units Stop Solution 1 x 11ml Urokinase type Plasminogen Activator Microplate (12 x 8 well strips) 1 unit Urokinase type Plasminogen Activator Standard 1 vial
FunctionSpecifically cleave the zymogen plasminogen to form the active enzyme plasmin.
Tissue specificityExpressed in the prostate gland and prostate cancers.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the peptidase S1 family.
Contains 1 EGF-like domain.
Contains 1 kringle domain.
Contains 1 peptidase S1 domain.
modificationsPhosphorylation of Ser-158 and Ser-323 abolishes proadhesive ability but does not interfere with receptor binding.
- Information by UniProt
- ATF uPA
ab108917 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Zhou H et al. Synergistic inhibitory effects of an engineered antibody-like molecule ATF-Fc and trastuzumab on tumor growth and invasion in a human breast cancer xenograft mouse model. Oncol Lett 14:5189-5196 (2017). PubMed: 29113154
- Andersen H et al. Diabetic nephropathy is associated with increased urine excretion of proteases plasmin, prostasin and urokinase and activation of amiloride-sensitive current in collecting duct cells. Nephrol Dial Transplant 30:781-9 (2015). Sandwich ELISA ; Human . PubMed: 25609736
- Stæhr M et al. Aberrant glomerular filtration of urokinase-type plasminogen activator in nephrotic syndrome leads to amiloride-sensitive plasminogen activation in urine. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 309:F235-41 (2015). Sandwich ELISA ; Human . PubMed: 25972510
- Liu SJ et al. Berberine suppresses in vitro migration of human aortic smooth muscle cells through the inhibitions of MMP-2/9, u-PA, AP-1, and NF-?B. BMB Rep 47:388-92 (2014). PubMed: 24286329